Updated New Pricing Info

How do you figure $10? I am currently paying $104.99 for Platinum w/ locals. The new AEP will be $89.99 plus $20 for HD, correct? That is $109.99, or a $5 per month increase unless I am missing something.

Still sucks but $5 a month isn't a deal breaker for me.

Someone else has already replied to this, but I'll mention it again. You say you're paying $104.99 for Platinum w/ locals (I'm doing the same). Yes, new AEP is $89.00, plus $20 for HD. What you are missing, is the $5 charge for your locals. So.. new AEP ($89.99) + HD ($20) + Locals ($5) == $114.99. That is a $10/month increase. Pretty much 10%+ increase w/ taxes.

Now.. if AEP+HD actually INCLUDED locals, to make it a $5/month increase, then I would have absolutely no problem with it whatsoever -- but, fat chance of that happening. It's the $10/month increase I have a problem with.

I just signed up in November, so hopefully by February my $20/month credits will kick in (from rebate) by then, plus the 3 referrals I've done so far, that's another $15/month in credits. That should help 'hide' some of the price increases for me.

Someone should email the ceo address and see what their response is, if we really are losing the $5 'discount' for AEP+HD (Platinum). Maybe we'll get lucky and it's just not mentioned in the literature that we'll get a $5 discount, but again, fat chance of that being the case.

I have the 'AT120and Movie Value Pack DHA W/Locals' for $64.99. I haven't been able to figure out what is going to happen to my rates. Can anyone hazard a guess?

It's not a matter of guessing, it's math.;) $69.99

The only matters that remain to be seen are-

DVR Advantage available to existing customers who own equipment? And if so, are DVR fees included?

NatGeoHD included in HD add on if you don't have AT250 or AEP?

I think that's it...thats all I want to know to make a decision, but maybe I missed something.

Actually for those of us with any of the HD packages it seems to be a $10 increase.

I currently have the following
DishHD Gold w/Locals : 74.99
Leased Receiver fee : 6.00
DVR Service fee : 5.98
--------------------------------------
Total 86.97

New pricing would be:
AT250 : 59.99
HD : 20.00
Locals : 5.00
-------------------------------------
Total 96.97
Increase 10.00

This assumes that locals are not part of the AT250. Can anyone confirm that?

The DVR Advantage is actually slightly cheaper.
DVR Advantage 250 : 60.00
Total 95.99
Increase 9.02

$.98 less a month plus a premium channel.

Does anyone know if the AT packages will be offered with the one year prepay option?

Actually for those of us with any of the HD packages it seems to be a $10 increase.

I currently have the following
DishHD Gold w/Locals : 74.99
--------------------------------------
Total 86.97

New pricing would be:
AT250 : 59.99
Locals : 5.00
Total 96.97
Increase 10.00

AT250 is $52.99. That's $89.97...$3 more

Really, if you don't have premiums, it's all pretty straightforward. I don't know why everyone's so confused.

Let me see if I get this correct (seems lots of confusiions here):

Even though there will be only one HD package (add-on) for $20/mo., but the channels you will get will depends on what SD you have. This is consistant with how Dish does the business. For example, if your SD package has the HG, NFL, HBO, SHO, etc, then your $20 dollar will get you all of those in HD as well; if your don't have those in SD, then, your $20 will NOT get your those HD channels.

(correct me if I am wrong).

For myself, I am currently having APE+HD and Great Wall with Local, and Great Wall has no price increase, my total will be $5 increase in net. I guess I will settle for that.

I'm still a little confused since i'm still getting the original 9.99 HD Package. My current bill shows (625 & 811):

AT180+Locals = 54.99
DVR Fee = 5.98
Addl. Recvr. = 5.00
HD Package = 9.99
---------------------------------
TOTAL = 75.96

I'm wondering if I can continue to keep that HD Package or if I'm going to end up having to suffer a HUGE increase, plus paying for a 211 to replace the 811.

That would leave me with a bill of about 88.97! I have a feeling I'm going to end up missing my Fox Soccer Channel in order to save some money.

you'll continue with what you have

the at180 package will be renamed 250 and will increase $3

you'll continue with what you have

the at180 package will be renamed 250 and will increase $3

and your HD will go from $9.99 to $20.

grecni said:
The DVR Advantage is actually slightly cheaper.
DVR Advantage 250 : 60.00
Total 95.99
Increase 9.02

You might have missed the DVR Fees. I haven't seen where the DVR Fees are not included on the DVR Advantage.

From my calculations the DVR Advantage includes the DVR fee.

$52.99 + $5.99 DVR Fee + $4.99 locals fee = $63.97
You Save $3.98 since its $59.99 for the DVR Advantage plan.

My guess is that those that currently have the DVR will not be eligible unless they do an upgrade and sell their owned equipment if they are not under a lease currently. Maybe we will find a bunch of cheap used DVR's on ebay soon. The only way it would make sense for someone to not sell their owned equipment when they can get it from Dish for free is if they do not want a contract for 18 months or do not want to get AT180 or already have AEP.

If someone wanted AEP then would they still be eligible for the promotion?

They should create a HD DVR Advantage promo too or allow the consumers to pay the $199 for the HD DVR lease and still be able to get the promotion. They could give a discount on that HD package in addition to a discount they would give for the basic one with the DVR Advantage promo.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I see a larger than $10 increase for current HD Platinum subscribers.

(with owned ViP622)

Code:
Current:
HD Platinum:	$100

New:
AEP		 $90
HD		 $20
DVR fee		  $6
		----
TOTAL		$116

Am I wrong? There's no indication in the document that the DVR fee will be waived for AEP+HD.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I see a larger than $10 increase for current HD Platinum subscribers.

(with owned ViP622)

Code:
Current:
HD Platinum: $100

New:
AEP $90
HD $20
DVR fee $6
----
TOTAL $116Am I wrong? There's no indication in the document that the DVR fee will be waived for AEP+HD.

If you own the 622 and the only 622 you have, there is no $6 DVR fee. So the total will be $110.

Hmm still does not say what channels they will be adding to the new plans. So Scott if you get any word on what SD Channels they will be adding to the new plans let us know. I will post if I hear what channels will be added but anyway thanks for the info.

Hmm still does not say what channels they will be adding to the new plans. So Scott if you get any word on what SD Channels they will be adding to the new plans let us know. I will post if I hear what channels will be added but anyway thanks for the info.
Read the PDF. There are no new channels. All they are doing is changing the package names to reflect current channel count reality.

Hmm well for a $3 increase lets all hope that they add more for that price.

(with owned ViP622)

Code:
Current:
HD Platinum:    $100

New:
AEP         $90
HD         $20
DVR fee          $6
        ----
TOTAL        $116

Am I wrong? There's no indication in the document that the DVR fee will be waived for AEP+HD.

the aep pack waives the dvr fee as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts