Updated New Pricing Info

I had emailed the ceo address on wednesday, and was told by frank to give him a call the next day... I called and left a voicemail, and called today as well, but haven't heard back...

I decided to call customer service again, and the non indian native rep put me on hold, checked with his boss, and put a 200 dollar credit on my account.

I had just signed up on the 18th or so of jan for the silver hd package, with the 18 month commitment, so I feel like they took good care of me.

Now, my first and second bills will be free, and the third will have a small discount as well.

I think that's good customer service.

STILL more web site woes!

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again at a later time or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

Thats the message I get when I try to log on.

Due to technical difficulties, we are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again at a later time or contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for account assistance.

Thats the message I get when I try to log on.

Same here all day yesterday and all day today.

Smart thinking Dish. Implement a new and vague pricing structure. Try to drive people to the web site for answers. When they get to the web site drive them to your 800 number. When they call the 800 number route them to India. When they reach India ensure that the Service Reps have NO CLUE.
___
\
This is a company with 13 million customers !
I've seen neighborhood kids with a significantly better bus plan and a customer service viewpoint! They were selling lemonaid !!!!!
Why is this compnay soooo incompetent ??

Hi all,

Here is a screen capture of what exactly is included in the DVR Advantage package (for existing subscribers). If you have trouble reading the graphic, the important text appears below.

Notice that there is no mention of the DHPP. When I called to verify my programming change (because the online option ignores HD), the lady who helped me went over my list of itemized charges. She was certain that I would still be charged the $5.98 DVR fee, but that DHPP was included in the DVR Advantage. Interestingly, she told me that she normally works tech support and dealer activations, but was working customer service because they have been swamped with calls. She said she has spent all day getting people set up with the new packages and referenced MPEG4 as a reason - her point being that people are jumping all over the MPEG4 receivers and the MPEG4 programming. Hmmm...

Cheers,
Red

DishDVR Advantage Package pricing includes America's Top 200 package, your local network channels and the monthly DISH Network DVR Service Fee for up to one (1) qualifying DVR receiver. Additional fees may apply. If you downgrade your programming below America's Top 200, deactivate any qualifying local network channels, deactivate the applicable qualifying DVR receiver, stop participating in Credit Card AutoPay or if any credit/debit/check card you provide at any time in connection therewith expires (not applicable to existing customers who agree to a 18-month term agreement under the DishDVR program), the DishDVR Advantage Package will be automatically removed from your account and you will thereafter be billed the then-current applicable prices for the DISH Network services you are receiving at that time. All other terms and conditions applicable to this promotion, including without limitation any term agreement and cancellation fees to which you have agreed will continue in full force and effect.

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Saturday evening - West Coast time - I had no problem accessing the site, or talking with a CSR. The site can be confusing if you don't have some understanding before you look at anything. If you look at the Dish DVR Advantage program it shows a 49.99 fee for top 200. Top 250 is 52.99.

I currently have the Vip 622 and top 250 and have been paying 86.97 and I've always payed by cc autopay.

All I did was upgrade to the DVR Advantage program and my new costs are, as the CSR explained it.

49.99 - Programming for Top 200
10.00 - Upgrade to Top 250 + DVR lease fee
20.00 - HD Package
79.99 - Savings of 6.98/month from previous bill

DVR Advantage includes locals and DVR fee (separate fee from DVR lease fee). I have no idea why they just didn't say 52.99 + DVR lease fee + HD Package.

No mention of new 18 month commitment. I wouldn't care if there had been one. I love Dish Network and have never had any problems or complaints.

If I were to show my bill to someone, they'd get a headache...

I called up yesterday to have them give me dvr advantage (I used to have the silver package hd, but have only been a customer for a week or so)..

bill was 59.99 + 5.98 dvr fee.

I'm guessing that with the dvr advantage it should be 69.99 but now I'll get locals. Everything else should stay the same.

No lease fee, because its the only receiver I have. No dhpp because its included. No dvr fee because it too is included. No locals fee because they are included.

I am assuming this is how they get the 3.97 savings... with the silver hd, you got dhpp included as well if you signed the 18 month contract which i did.

When you add 5 dollar locals and a 5.98 dvr fee, you get the 10.98 over the new at200 42.99, (after adding the 3 dollar price increase effective bringing it up from 39.99) + 20 for hd... comes out to 73.97.

IF you do dvr advantage, and its all inclusive, the bill is 49.99 + 20, or 69.99, around ~4 less.

Seems like it was the right way to go. Essentially, it gave me locals for only a buck or so more than I was paying. Came in useful so I could finally get some freaking epg data for my locals I pick up on the antenna, and also so I could now record more than 1 local program... 1 or 2 via sat, and 1 via antenna, great for those nights like monday when heroes and 24 come on.

DVR Service Fee

My new Dishnetwork bill was just posted... it's a bit higher than I even expected:(.

Old bill:

Additional Receiver 5.00
Leased Receiver Fee 6.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
DHA DishHD Platinum w/ Locals 104.99
Total: $115.99

New Bill:

Additional Receiver 5.00
Digital Home Advantage - America's Everything Pak
with Locals
Leased Receiver Fee 6.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
DishHD 20.00
Total: 131.97

$15.98 price increase!!!!

This is a 13.8% increase. It appears the DVR Service Fee is no longer waived with the AEP.

hook up info

Hello.
I have an install question. I going to upgrade my dish system to a newer receiver to go along with the one I currently have. I have a 508 dvr and am going to take a 4900 out of service and add either a 942 or a 622. I am not going to get dish's HD package I receive local hd's in an off air antenna. I have a dish 500 antenna with the internal switch box in the Dual lnb head. So I only have 2 inputs comming into the house now. Which switch box do I need to split the second input 2 both of my receivers the newer one needs 2 inputs along with the 1 to my 508. Also any one know where I can get a 942 receiver They seem to be very scarce. The 622 everone and their brother has. In the long run I can purchase a receiver and save on the monthly lease charge. I've had both of these receivers for 5 years or so.

Thnaks in advance for the info.

Saturday evening - West Coast time - I had no problem accessing the site, or talking with a CSR. The site can be confusing if you don't have some understanding before you look at anything. If you look at the Dish DVR Advantage program it shows a 49.99 fee for top 200. Top 250 is 52.99.

I currently have the Vip 622 and top 250 and have been paying 86.97 and I've always payed by cc autopay.

All I did was upgrade to the DVR Advantage program and my new costs are, as the CSR explained it.

49.99 - Programming for Top 200
10.00 - Upgrade to Top 250 + DVR lease fee
20.00 - HD Package
79.99 - Savings of 6.98/month from previous bill

DVR Advantage includes locals and DVR fee (separate fee from DVR lease fee). I have no idea why they just didn't say 52.99 + DVR lease fee + HD Package.

No mention of new 18 month commitment. I wouldn't care if there had been one. I love Dish Network and have never had any problems or complaints.

Just got off the phone to verify my charges (again). Used your example to go over things. Only difference between this and what I have is I am getting Starz and HBO which adds 22. Rep concurred my MR is 101.99 ... that's fine with me. Even if there is a 5 or 6 dollar fee I'm missing. Got all the programing I want.

Platinum/America's Everything is no longer a bargain. That's the only reason I had it.

"It appears the DVR Service Fee is no longer waived with the AEP."

If this is the case, I know a lot of people will be upset. Right Scott?

I just called a CSR about the same problem. It is a billing error they didn't catch in the changeover. I just received a credit for it and was told it would be back to $0.00 on the next bill.
Here is what I received;
New Monthly Charge(s) 02/14 to 03/13
ADDL RECEIVER ACCESS FEE 5.00
AMERICA'S EVERYTHING VALUE PAK-AMERICA'S TOP 250,4 94.99
DISH HOME PROTECTION PLAN 5.99
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 01/31-02/13 2.70
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 01/31-02/13 2.70
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICE PARTIAL MONTH(S) 02/02-02/13 -2.56
DISH NETWORK DVR SERVICEFEE 0.00
DISHHD 20.00
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.00
LEASED RECEIVER FEE 6.00
MULTI SPORT 5.99
PREMIUM PACKAGE LOCALS 0.00
SUPERSTATION PACKAGE KWGN 5.99
Account Charges $ 152.80
Total $ 152.80
Taxes
STATE/LOCAL TAX (SALES/GROSS RECEIPTS) 9.61
Total Taxes $ 9.61
Total Amount Due
$ 162.41

I received a refund of $2.84 to clear the 3 partial month charges. Notice the $0.00 DVR charge for the new billing period. No wonder they say I am one of their best customers.

My new Dishnetwork bill was just posted... it's a bit higher than I even expected:(.

This is a 13.8% increase. It appears the DVR Service Fee is no longer waived with the AEP.

The Dish web page still shows the DVR fee waived with the AE package. I think a lot of folks will be very upset if that turns out to be wrong.

Hello.
I have an install question. I going to upgrade my dish system to a newer receiver to go along with the one I currently have. I have a 508 dvr and am going to take a 4900 out of service and add either a 942 or a 622. I am not going to get dish's HD package I receive local hd's in an off air antenna. ....... Also any one know where I can get a 942 receiver They seem to be very scarce. The 622 everone and their brother has. In the long run I can purchase a receiver and save on the monthly lease charge. I've had both of these receivers for 5 years or so.

Thnaks in advance for the info.

You don't want a 942. It cannot receive all of the HD offerings and cannot receive MPEG-4. Yes, I know you don't plan on getting HD, but that will change- there's a lot more to HD than just local OTA. And as Dish starts converting MPEG-2 programming over to MPEG-4, your 942 will not be able to pick up those channels either.

If you really don't want HD, your best/cheapest route is to get another 508 or a 721 and avoid the DVR fees. Of course, they may only have a (vaguely) 3 year life left in them before they can't receive the programming after it moves to MPEG-4. The only reason for buying a ViP622 is for HD now or in the foreseeable future. You will pay an "HD enabling fee" if you don't subscribe to HD. Without any HD subscription, I don't see why you would want a 942, other than maybe disk size.

You will not save in the long run by buying versus leasing. They'll just substitute another fee for the lease fee. The only advantage to owning may be resale value at the end.

Old bill:

Additional Receiver 5.00
Leased Receiver Fee 6.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 0.00
DHA DishHD Platinum w/ Locals 104.99
Total: $115.99

New Bill:

Additional Receiver 5.00
Digital Home Advantage - America's Everything Pak
with Locals
Leased Receiver Fee 6.00
DISH Network DVR Service Fee 5.98
DishHD 20.00
Total: 131.97

That is wrong. You need to call and get that fixed there are no dvr fees and your total should be:

89.99 AEP
5.00 locals
20.00 hd pack
6.00 lease fee
5.00 additional receiver fee
----------------------------------
$125.99 before taxes.

I asume that you have three receivers right? Then one would be free and one leased and one owned .

I think it replaces Platinum as their best bargain overall and agree the 18 month protection from increases is bound to prove a big plus too.

I think you are right. The AEP was 69.99 when they started in 2001 and now it is 89.99 . When you add the hd pack + locals it gets over 114.99 a month . It is getting harder and harder to make that pack a bargain. It funny that to get the Dvr advantage pack you have to do a complicated bunch of bundleing in a certain order to save 3.98 a month. It shouldn't be that complicated . It would have been easier to just giver everyone a credit for 3.98 if they pay by auto credit card pay and an 18 month commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)