Updated New Pricing Info

Hi. Does anyone know if the $100 new customer and $100 HD rebates ($20 for each of 10 months) continue with the new pricing?

I'm suppose to have Dish installed tomorrow and not sure if I should try to move it up to preserve the rebates.

Thanks!

You won't be able to move it up....

So, if you take the plan, do you still have to pay the $199 for getting the 622 Dual HD receiver? I just got the 625 but wanted the 622 instead. Did not want to pay the $199 then.

A CSR won't do the upgrade for you but if you email the ceo address they will let you pay them $199 to increase your service costs to get the 622. I had a 211 but wanted a 622. The CSRs said no but CEO sent it to me...

Correct me if I'm wrong but i think its ceo@echostar.com.

Last edited:
Just dropped HBO and my locals - saving over twenty bucks --- there you go charlie ---- how's that for a price correction?
That's basically what I do to keep my bill under $80/month. Last year it was the $10 HD package I dropped. The year before it was Cinemax I dropped. Next time it gets over $80 it will probably be one of my additional receivers that goes. I won't keep feeding the satellite pig. :D

It is wrong on the price of AEP. I already caught and reported it. It shows no price increase at all. I called and asked them and they said it was 89.99 but the web site still shows 84.99. VERY MISLEADING.:mad:

Whatever I do to make changes as an existing customer (wanted to verify if I'm correct on the pricing on DVR Advantage w/250 and HD on autopay) it says call the toll free number. Afraid those calls route to India. That's not something I look forward to. "Be the first on your block to call us for a truly frustrating experience."

Well I just called regarding the Feb 1 offers and of course was talking to India. They told me I already upgraded my reciever once and was not able to get the HD DVR upgrade. This cannot be correct. How do you argue with someone in staring at a computer screen in New Dehli?!?!

You might want to check your online bill for errors this morning they made an
error on my account, I have DishHD Platinum Package which waives the DVR fees well this morning i check my account and they was charging me the DVR fee's, They told me it was a glitch on thier part and they would credit the account.:eek:

Well I just called regarding the Feb 1 offers and of course was talking to India. They told me I already upgraded my reciever once and was not able to get the HD DVR upgrade. This cannot be correct. How do you argue with someone in staring at a computer screen in New Dehli?!?!

YOu can only "Dish it up" one time in a 12 month period. If you've done it once they will not upgrade you until your 12 months is up. I was able to get an upgrade early by emailing the ceo@echostar.com (<=====double check that email). Doesn't hurt to try.

Last edited:
Their website is so full of holes.... i can't add AEP to my shopping basket, only the 200. If i go to the AEP page and click on "click here to compare packages" it shows the channel listings with the OLD names (60, 120 180 etc).

Do they even test?

won't let me upgrade without purchasing receiver

I've been a Dish customer for over 7 years own all my own equipment and they refused to give me Dish Advantage HD-DVR without paying 149 for HD DVR after $50 mail-in rebate. And the HD-programing is only free for 10 months.

its raggedy...i clicked on "Dish Network subscribers click here" and its a broken link.

Also the AEP channel page shows ALL the RSNs...that's not accurate. You only get the ones for your region. Or am I wrong?

Smart thinking Dish. Implement a new and vague pricing structure. Try to drive people to the web site for answers. When they get to the web site drive them to your 800 number. When they call the 800 number route them to India. When they reach India ensure that the Service Reps have NO CLUE.

It's the wave of the future... Anyone who's had an experience with the xbox 360 tech support is familiar with the same rigamaroll.

Well I have to eat some of my words. I did get thru to someone at Dish after a few calls who was in the States and got done what I wanted. Now the frustration is cleared and a much happier camper.

I have had to contact a Dish Exec to get what I want done, I have been told to contact him tomorrow for the upgrade I feel should be availible to loyal customers. We will see, Kudos for E* in following thru with me.

I called Dishstore and signed up as a new customer - hopefully for the DVR Advantage with AT250 + HD. The info Scott posted earlier said that this was $89.99/mo and included/required a movie channel. I signed up for Starz. I did not get a clear answer as to whether this was the correct price for this package, but after a couple of return calls, I did get confirmation that this was the right price.

Has anyone else had problems pricing this "package"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)