Updated New Pricing Info

This may have been asked already so I apologize. What if you already meet all the requirements for the DVRAdvantage program? Will your bill automatically reflect this or will you still have to sign up for it?

Sorry again if this was already brought up.

If it has been, I haven't seen it. I've wondered the same thing so I'm glad you asked. We'll probably all be told on the next Charlie or Tech chat (whichever one comes first). Wouldn't it be nice if they had positive news about new HD to lessen the impact of the increases on the same chat?

I am thinking of paying my early termination fee and jumping to D*. It seems you get a lot more bang for your buck from them. The only thing I like more on E* is the VOOM, that's it. Now D* has the MLB as well as the NFL. Hell they Sedanta too. Why should I stay with D*? Between $$$ and Sports, D* seems to have more.

I have the platinum pack with locals now... Now they did drop some $5 fee on my bill so my price would only go up 5 bucks but since this started I subbed to a free month to blockbuster... That is sooo much better than the movie channels... I am going to drop my other dvr's and only keep my 622 and downgrade my package to something much smaller....

I am sure the money they are going to make off some, they are going to lose in the long run... I would have not even considered Blockbuster onlne until their obnoxious price changes... Ahh well your loss Dish...

By the way if anyone else thought about Blockbuster Online: Heres a couple helpful thoughts....

use code number 90430 to get a month free instead of the two weeks they offer on the website...

before your bill is due, go to the website and cancel the account and use the reasoning as 'too expensive' it will give you an offer to keep your account and give you the service for 2 dollars less a month...

Unlimited movies for $15 bucks a month... Beat that Charlie!!!!

IF you have AEP you do love movies right? Why else would you sub to about $40.00 worth of premium movie channels. The dvr fees are still cheaper than the premium movie channels.

By the way if anyone else thought about Blockbuster Online: Heres a couple helpful thoughts....

before your bill is due, go to the website and cancel the account and use the reasoning as 'too expensive' it will give you an offer to keep your account and give you the service for 2 dollars less a month...

Thanks for the tip. The deal is that they will give you $2 off for the next six months.

I'm planning to downgrade my service because the Blockbuster thing is working out very well. And it's not just movies, you can rent TV shows like 24 Season One which I haven't seen. I'm pro-ala carte, but that may never see the light of day and the Blockbuster option is the closest you can get to ala carte.

I'm sticking with Dish Network for a while after seeing Direcv's hardware setup even if it would become a little more expensive. Dish Network's hardware is easier to operate and more flexible (dual tuner receiver - two rooms of DVR for the price of one and change channels through the walls). It's all about what works for the particular individual.

This whole price increase obviously has struck a nerve, but is it only known by those who subscribe or lurk on this board? I have checked the DISH official site, and they are still offering the metals package, no mention of February 1 price increase.

Wondering what the poor folks who are sitting there fat, dumb and happy (no offense intended:) ), and what their reaction will be when they see the price increase on their next bill?

As for me, I don't like it, I am going to see what the "bottom line" is when the bill is posted, because it had better not suddenly have a bunch of fees I currently have waived by virtue of having the Platinum Pack.

Charlie's annual "bend us over" exercise:eek:

I did get a notice in my AT&T/E* bill about the price increase:

"Effective February 1, 2007
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes to your
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

America's Top 60 and America's Top 60 Plus will be renamed America's
Top 100 and America's Top 100 Plus; America's Top 120 will be renamed
America's Top 200 and repriced to $42.99; America's Top 180 will be
renamed America's Top 250 and repriced to $52.99; America's
"Everything" Pak will be repriced to $89.99. Movie Value Paks will
show the applicable core program and premium package separately. The
following new prices will also apply: DishLATINO Dos-$36.99; DishLATINO
Max-$46.99; DishLATINO "Everything" Pak- $84.99. DishHD? packages will
also now be separated into 2 line items, i.e.,: America's Top
100-$29.99 & DishHD-$20; America's Top 200-$42.99 & DishHD-$20;
America's Top 250-$52.99 & DishHD-$20; America's "Everything"
Pak-$89.99 & DishHD-$20; Great Wall TV +DishHD will now be 3 lines,
America's Top 100-$29.99, Great Wall TV-$29.99 & DishHD-$20.
*Prices do not include local channels.
Effective February 1, 2007
Please note the following programming and monthly rate changes to your
AT&T | DISH Network Service:

Existing customers with DishLATINO HD Bronze, Silver & Gold packages
will now see 3 separate items: America's Top 100-$29.99, Latino Bonus
Pack-$12.49 & DishHD-$20. DishLATINO HD Platinum will be 4 or 5 items:
America's Top 100-$29.99, Latino Bonus Pack-$12.49, DishHD-$20 &
4-premium package-$40 & if you have a DVR there will be a $5.98 fee.
Additional pricing changes include: Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz
Movie Pak-$12.99; 2-Premium pkg-$22.00; 3-Premium pkg-$31.00; 4-Premium
pkg- $40.00; 5-Premium pkg-$50.00; Shorteez, TEN, and TENclips-$24.99;
Club Jenna, Fresh, Spice Xcess and TENxsty-$29.99; Club Jenna/Shorteez
pkg and TENxsty/TEN pkg-$39.99. Customers participating in $100 Savings
Promotion and Q4 Bounty will see an increase in their remaining monthly
credits to match the price increase in their qualifying packages.
*Prices do not include local channels."

...Charlie's annual "bend us over" exercise:eek:

And Comcrap is raising their cable rates by 4% here in Colorado again this year starting in March. So Dish is raising my rate by $3 and Comcast (comparable package) is raising theirs by $4. Hmm, which is bending people over????:rolleyes:

Just dropped HBO and my locals - saving over twenty bucks --- there you go charlie ---- how's that for a price correction?

So, if you take the plan, do you still have to pay the $199 for getting the 622 Dual HD receiver? I just got the 625 but wanted the 622 instead. Did not want to pay the $199 then.

existing customer that just got the 625? you'll probably have to wait until you can lease another receiver

I have the platinum pack with locals now... Now they did drop some $5 fee on my bill so my price would only go up 5 bucks but since this started I subbed to a free month to blockbuster... That is sooo much better than the movie channels... I am going to drop my other dvr's and only keep my 622 and downgrade my package to something much smaller....

I am sure the money they are going to make off some, they are going to lose in the long run... I would have not even considered Blockbuster onlne until their obnoxious price changes... Ahh well your loss Dish...

use code number 90430 to get a month free instead of the two weeks they offer on the website...

I use BB online and get 25 films for $17.99 a month, I get 3 a week from BB online take them to the BB store and get three more from them plus I get one coupon for a free movie. They have a pretty good HD inventory also if you have a HD DVD or BD player. And no repeats.

I use BB online and get 25 films for $17.99 a month, I get 3 a week from BB online take them to the BB store and get three more from them plus I get one coupon for a free movie. They have a pretty good HD inventory also if you have a HD DVD or BD player. And no repeats.

That is what I have done as well. I never have to wait to long for a movie with the BB store down the road. Although I have waited on the hd dvd player till they decide which one will triumph and when they come down in price.

My parents just got their rate increase notice from Comcrap(what used to be Adelphia). Bacic cable is now 45.00. I can live with my $3 increase compared to that. The DVR Advantage pkg is also looking good.

What About the Current New Cust Rebates?

Does anyone know if the $100 ($10 x 10 months) new customer rebate and the $100 ($10 x 10 months) HD rebate will continue after today. The web site says they expire 1/31/07. I called Dish and the guy said he is 99% sure they will go for another 6 months.

I am scheduled for install tomorrow!

Thanks!

Will the Rebates Continue?

Hi. Does anyone know if the $100 new customer and $100 HD rebates ($20 for each of 10 months) continue with the new pricing?

I'm suppose to have Dish installed tomorrow and not sure if I should try to move it up to preserve the rebates.

Thanks!