(Updated) Replies to your questions from Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yes, it may work for years to come for SD PROGRAMMING but will it work for years to come with HD PROGRAMMING? You have to watch how things are being said. Yes, you could still use your OTA tuner and all that hard drive space for SD but the HD tuner may no longer work without an upgrade with that receiver or to another one entirely.

I believe what was said was "What you have today will still work in the future. All future HD additions will require a new receiver." So, if you want Bravo HD, IN-HD, Locals in HD, etc, you'll need a new receiver. Based on this, and provided I don't get a real good deal on that receiver, I'll be going elsewhere. Even though I'm sure that D* will be in a similar position, I'd go there just as a matter of principle.

MiGawd, people! Cut Scott some slack! He has given you all the factual information that he can. Stop harping on the MPEG-4 issue and the 942. They aren't even on the horizon yet, and people are already wringing their hands over what's gonna happen.
As to the cut in price of the 921 -- early adopters almost always pay more for the privilege of owning something "new", whether it be TV's, cars, or appliances. Once the manufacturer has recovered development costs and a product has matured somewhat in the market (not necessarily improved, mind you), the price usually drops in order to stave off competition. Scott has told us all that he's been informed that the 921 is being discontinued. While not having an HD DVR in the product line (until the 942 arrives) could hurt Dish in acquiring new customers, IMHO it isn't going to cause wholesale abandonment of Dish by current customers.
Thanks, Scott, for your efforts. It's been a while since my last visit here (I keep forgetting - should bookmark the site ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)