Updating Hopper to HWS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bookworm370

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Hi,

Well, I've been gone for a while, lots of business and family obligations, but back again. I noticed that my 2 year contract expires in about 4 months. The time that I the HWS came out. I then ordered one NWS and one normal Hopper, as I though that 2 HWS would be useless. Still true on that one.

But the HWS is definitely much faster, they have kept up the feature set on both pretty well, but in our master bedroom Hopper the speed of guide, recordings guide, channel changing, etc is noticeably slower (slower processor, etc).

I think the prices are all the same. When I renew, has anyone just said, I'd like to replace my normal Hopper with another HWS and keep the same price. From what I read, you get one Hopper(HWS) free and pay the DVR fee for other hoppes or joeys. So from what I read, I should be able to return the normal Hopper and get it replaced with a new HWS for no price or maybe a minimal exchange price.

Doable?

The monthly price for a Hopper and Hopper with sling are the same. I would be happy to look into your options further if you would like. Feel free to send me a PM with your account information.

Hi,

Well, I've been gone for a while, lots of business and family obligations, but back again. I noticed that my 2 year contract expires in about 4 months. The time that I the HWS came out. I then ordered one NWS and one normal Hopper, as I though that 2 HWS would be useless. Still true on that one.

But the HWS is definitely much faster, they have kept up the feature set on both pretty well, but in our master bedroom Hopper the speed of guide, recordings guide, channel changing, etc is noticeably slower (slower processor, etc).

I think the prices are all the same. When I renew, has anyone just said, I'd like to replace my normal Hopper with another HWS and keep the same price. From what I read, you get one Hopper(HWS) free and pay the DVR fee for other hoppes or joeys. So from what I read, I should be able to return the normal Hopper and get it replaced with a new HWS for no price or maybe a minimal exchange price.

Doable?

Same price. I was in the same boat but I wanted to upgrade my Joey to a Super Joey along with a HWS. I think I am only paying an
extra $3 for the new setup. The biggest difference I have noticed so far is between the Joey and Super Joey. HWS is definitely faster
but the super Joey is not only faster but produces a richer picture to my 720P TV. I am very happy and have no complaints.