upgrade 3lnb to 5lnb slimline

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avls

Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A 5X8 MULTISWITCH WILL WORK WITH A 5LNB SLIMLINE DISH. I HAVE A 3LNB OVAL DISH WITH A 5X8 MULTISWITCH. I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO A 5LNB SLIMLINE BUT WAS WONDERING IF I NEED TO UPGRADE THE MULTISWITCH ALSO. DIRECT TV IS TELLING ME IT WILL WORK BUT NOT SHURE. ALSO DIRECT TV IS ALSO TELLING ME THAT THE NFL PACKAGE MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT TRASMIT ON THE 119 SAT. THIS IS WHY I'M DOING THE UPGRADE TO BEGIN WITH. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF A 5X8 MULTISWITCH WILL WORK WITH A 5LNB SLIMLINE DISH. I HAVE A 3LNB OVAL DISH WITH A 5X8 MULTISWITCH. I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE TO A 5LNB SLIMLINE BUT WAS WONDERING IF I NEED TO UPGRADE THE MULTISWITCH ALSO. DIRECT TV IS TELLING ME IT WILL WORK BUT NOT SHURE. ALSO DIRECT TV IS ALSO TELLING ME THAT THE NFL PACKAGE MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT TRASMIT ON THE 119 SAT. THIS IS WHY I'M DOING THE UPGRADE TO BEGIN WITH. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

First off, quit yelling, turn your caps off, very annoying.

Welcome to the Site !
If you are upgrading to a 5 LNB set up (I suggest you Do) If you have a need for more than 4 tuners (remember a DVR has two tuners) you will need the new WB68 multiswich, your old one will not work with the new set up, if D* is doing the install they will replace it for you.

The ST will be in MPEG4 this year from what I have seen, which means it will come from the new says, it will come from the 99 or the 103 sat, both of which require the WB68 Multiswitch if you have more than 4 tuners.

Jimbo

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN FOR THE HD CHANNELS. I'M STRICTLY CONCERNED WITH THE FOOTBALL PACKAGE.

sohuld i even replace the dish at all. i'm only trying to do this because of what direct tv is telling me abou the 119 broadcast of the nfl package

sohuld i even replace the dish at all. i'm only trying to do this because of what direct tv is telling me abou the 119 broadcast of the nfl package

If you are upgrading to a 5 LNB set up (I suggest you Do) If you have a need for more than 4 tuners (remember a DVR has two tuners) you will need the new WB68 multiswich, your old one will not work with the new set up, if D* is doing the install they will replace it for you.

The ST will be in MPEG4 this year from what I have seen, which means it will come from the new sats, it will come from the 99 or the 103 sat, both of which require the WB68 Multiswitch if you have more than 4 tuners.

Curious, are you wanting the Sunday Ticket in HD ?
If not, you may be able to get by with the old set up.

Jimbo

jimbo
yes i want the nfl sunday ticket. i already ordered it. i also want it in hd. last year i didn't have any problem viewing it in hd. a few people told me that i might not be able to see certain games this year without the new dish. so i'm at this point now. if i'm not going to miss any games i won't upgrade to the new dish. is the wb68 a direct tv part number?

jimbo
yes i want the nfl sunday ticket. i already ordered it. i also want it in hd. last year i didn't have any problem viewing it in hd. a few people told me that i might not be able to see certain games this year without the new dish. so i'm at this point now. if i'm not going to miss any games i won't upgrade to the new dish. is the wb68 a direct tv part number?

Seeing you DO want it in HD (I didn't know for sure if that was the issue or not previously). You will DEFINATLY need the new 5 LNB set up as the ST is in MPEG4 format this year and you only get that from the new sats. Your other set up does not see the 99 and 103 sats.

Go ahead and get the new 5 LNB set up, it will be better in the long run as you have access to ALL the HD channels if you decide to go that route later.
I doubt that you would get ANY ST in HD at all this year without the 5 LNB set up.

Jimbo

jimbo
thanks very much for the information.
do you know if direct tv does this upgrAde for free or not?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)