Upgrade and Account Changes Questions

/dev/null

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 24, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I have been a Dish subscriber since late 2006. I currently have two DVR's, a 625 and 522. In terms of programming I have AT250 ($64.99), HD 250 ($10.00), HBO ($16.00), HD Platinum ($10.00). For the DVR's I have two charges, $17.00 for Duo DVR and $6.00 for DVR Service.

What I would like to do is this: 1) Get Free HD for Life, 2) Get a 722k DVR.

Here are my questions:
  1. Is signing up for HD 250 Free the same as Free HD for Life?
  2. What do I gain and what do I lose by signing up for HD 250 Free?
  3. Does doing so impact the 522?
  4. By adding a 722k will I be hit with a second $17.00 per month charge for Duo DVR?
  5. Should I sign up for the protection plan before calling Dish for the 722k?
  6. With the 922 out how much should I expect the 722k to be (I think it should be free)?
  7. Can I just drop the protection plan after the 722k is installed?
  8. Can I add on another EHD for the new 722k (currently have one on my 625) without an additional charge?
  9. Does signing up for Free HD for Life (whether online or on phone) negate my ability to acquire a 722k (hopefully for free)?

Additional information follows. I am currently on paperless statements with Auto Pay (just activated Auto Pay today and my new billing cycle has not started yet - and yes, I know that I missed the window without a 2 year commitment and possibly this requirement, unfortunately). Another 2 year commitment is not a big deal for me. Bills are always paid on time. I need an installer to come out for the 722k due to my intended target configuration. I also would like to drop the HD Platinum since we do not watch any of those 16 channels.

Current configuration:
  • The 522 is in Room A, my sons room, and is in single mode.
  • The 625 is in Room B, family room, and is in dual mode, connected to my 73" HD DLP.
  • TV2 of the 625 is in Room C, master bedroom, and is a 40" HD LCD.

Intended target configuration:
  • No changes to the 522 configuration.
  • Move 625 to Room C, master bedroom, connected to 40" HD LCD.
  • TV2 of 625 to be 73" HD DLP in Room B, family room.
  • Put 722k in Room B, family room, connected to 73" HD DLP.
  • TV2 of 722k to be 40" HD LCD in Room C, master bedroom.

Currently I do not want a 922 since I seek the same reliable operations that I have had from my 625 for years (else my wife would kill me).

Finally: 1) Is there some particular order in which I should do all of this, and, 2) any other suggestions?

As always, thank you in advance for everyone's insight and time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)