Upgrade Awarness HD channels in RED!

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Beaware, when you upgrade your hd package may get knocked out!
All of my hd channels except a few are in the red...

I get AEP plus voom and hd pack,

but because i upgraded to a 622 (new reciver) and the dish plat. pack
the system is nocking all the hd channels out

in sence giving me AEP with hbohd, showtimehd and cbs hd only.

Im on the phone with techsupport now getting this issue resolved :)

sounds like they need to upgrade first and then switch the package later

I'm quite frustrated with this DishHD upgrade.

I have a 61.5 along with the D500 looking at 110 and 119. I cannot activate the new programming because the Dish system will not allow it without a D1000. I cannot keep my 622 install date and get a 1000 installed early, as the system won't allow two work orders to be open at once.

All I want to do is watch the programming which my receiver can see, but they won't let me.

the dish system does not track what satellite you have. All you have to do is tell them you have a dish 1000 if they're giving you such a hassle. But in reality they're just being morons, because a dish 500 and 61.5 works just as fine and is required for florida and northeast markest

BFG said:
the dish system does not track what satellite you have. All you have to do is tell them you have a dish 1000 if they're giving you such a hassle. But in reality they're just being morons, because a dish 500 and 61.5 works just as fine and is required for florida and northeast markest

I'm about to tell them I have a 1000. That will probably mess the system up because I have a current work order for a 1000 installation on the 21st.

its a bug in the system.. she gave me a free month of the hd package and voom..

what is happening as they put in the new package the system automatically drops the old one. She was going to fix it by undoing the order for the 622... and then redoing it, but it would have changed my install date... so... I wanted to keep it as how good of an install date I may have.. :) so I will just deal with out the hd package untill I can get the 622 :) She was veary nice btw.... and her name was amy. :)

Oh great, so now you lose your current HD package while you wait for them to deliver the 622. At least they gave you a credit for it but that really sucks!

Nice planning Dish!

you should be able to upgrade to a 211/622 wihtout changing your package. sounds like the first csr with bob screwed up and changed his programming at the same time.

But what really should happen is just the upgrade on the receiver, and when you get the receiver you call back and change programming

This happened to me as i was talking to them over the phone and were able to fix it. Took about 30 minutes though. There is a bug in there customer serverice software, this is beacuse echostar upgraded there software an hour before opening.

jakestoll said:
This happened to me as i was talking to them over the phone and were able to fix it. Took about 30 minutes though. There is a bug in there customer serverice software, this is beacuse echostar upgraded there software an hour before opening.

Must be the same people that write their receiver code. :no

NightRyder

BFG said:
you should be able to upgrade to a 211/622 wihtout changing your package. sounds like the first csr with bob screwed up and changed his programming at the same time.

But what really should happen is just the upgrade on the receiver, and when you get the receiver you call back and change programming

No, there is something in the system that requires you to upgrade your package at the time of the mpg4 purchase.. and when you upgrade it it automatically knocks it out..

even though technically its not suppost to change untill the day of installation..

ok well then I'll continue to wait until I read they fixed it. however not everyone has said they lost the hd channels though. Anyways I still give these things a couple of weeks until I call in :)

kb7oeb said:
What happens if you say have the new dish hd pack a 622 and an 811, will the 811 still get the mpeg2 channels in that situation?
I'm wondering the same thing myself. Will the 811 lose all the HD channels after you upgrade to the new package?

Well we all knew that this change would cause some issues, and not with E* not having enough receivers to go around either. Not surprising, when I got home last night the woman was trying to look ahead to tape one of her shows, and 95% of the channels had no information available on the screen. Of course I filled her in cause she doesn't read the boards, but again there is a customer of E* that is in the dark. Way to go E*!

I just got the DISHHD Silver package activated, but they are still red in the guide. I guess the positive news is that my 622 install was moved from 2/21 to 2/25 then 2/7 :D We'll see what happens now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)