Upgrade Awarness HD channels in RED!

Have spent a few hours trying to get everything fixed. Seems that when they put the code in for Platinum HD, it "downgraded" the SD packages but only on the HD 211 receiver. Was told that it is a software bug that will take 24 to 48 hours to fix. They gave me the choice of either keeping the new HD channels with fewer SD channels or no new HD channels and the AEP. I went with the HD since my other SD receivers still get all the right SD channels.

BFG said:
you should be able to upgrade to a 211/622 wihtout changing your package. sounds like the first csr with bob screwed up and changed his programming at the same time.

But what really should happen is just the upgrade on the receiver, and when you get the receiver you call back and change programming

That is what i am doing they are just sending me my 211 to replace a 811 and they are shipping it to me and all i do is hook it up and call for the programing i would like when i swap out receivers

Programming

I ordered the 211 today and the HD Silver package this morning, but I still have all my old HD showing up. My 211 will be installed tomorrow afternoon.

Yeah, I ordered a 211 this afternoon, I didn't change my package yet though. I'm doing what BFG said and suggest that everyone who hasn't ordered yet, just ask for the receiver you want and then after the install, order the programming you want.

David

I had them put the platinum package on, hadnt read about goalie's issue. But my 811 is still getting all the HD Pack and voom and its been about 4 or 5 hours.

I guess I can't complain.

I got my 211 about 3 weeks ago and did self install. Within minutes, all the HD were active and working fine

Got up today and nothing worked! Said run Check Switch, which got back all the signals from 110/119 /61.5. Didn't have time to wait for program dirertory to load. All back to normal, except the NEW HD's UHD, ESP2HD, and the five Voom new ones show in schedule but are RED and can't be viewed.

After reading dozens of threads, I'm just going to wait a few days and let things settle down before I risk loosing everything!

BTW - a local retailer/installer said wait till Mid Feb and the 622 will be down to $99/ with D1000 install mandatory - direct from E* directive about the hookup for vip622, no matter how many dishes you have on the roof or how many cables you have running inside.

goaliebob99 said:
its a bug in the system.. she gave me a free month of the hd package and voom..

what is happening as they put in the new package the system automatically drops the old one. She was going to fix it by undoing the order for the 622... and then redoing it, but it would have changed my install date... so... I wanted to keep it as how good of an install date I may have.. :) so I will just deal with out the hd package untill I can get the 622 :) She was veary nice btw.... and her name was amy. :)

LOOK AT THE BILL CLOSELY - ON LINE - IN THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

I went through this on Sunday.

They had to remove and readd things.

The bill is over 2 pages now if I print it out.

I was then charged 2x for NHL Center Ice at $109.00 each time on Sunday - even though I had already paid for it in October.

They also jacked up the AT package and some other things.

So my autopay would have been close to $400 in 2 days if I had not caught it.

They did tell me they would waive the $5 fee for this phone call to fix it though.

No change when upgrading

redline65 said:
I'm wondering the same thing myself. Will the 811 lose all the HD channels after you upgrade to the new package?

I upgraded to HD Bronze today and have a ViP622 receiver/DVR scheduled for installation on February 25. That's the earliest date that was available as of 9:30 am PST this morning.

I have an 811 now and noted no change on what I can receive. All of the HD channels I have been getting, including the 10 VOOM channels, are still coming in fine. I've just got to wait for 3-1/2 weeks to get the receiver to see the new channels.

HDBronze with locals and 622 DVR will be $59.95 plus tax a month. I was charged $299.99 today for the 622.

I had to laugh when the CSR asked if I wanted to keep the VOOM channels... then he said "Oops, sorry, sir, that was a dumb question. The VOOM channels are included in your new package."

Larry
SF

gpflepsen said:
I just got the DISHHD Silver package activated, but they are still red in the guide. I guess the positive news is that my 622 install was moved from 2/21 to 2/25 then 2/7 :D We'll see what happens now.

How'd you get the install date moved from the 25th back to the 7th?

Larry
SF

same thing happend to me this morning..i called to upgrade to the 622 everything seemed fine but when i went to my tv to watch ol sportscenter ..nothing..all i had was hbohd and shohd..talked to three csrs and they all told me the only thing i could do was cancel my install ,add the programming again then reschedule..but that would have made my install till at least march 6th =/..oh well ill try again tommorw and see if something has changed..no espnhd makes me sad :(

larrykenney said:
How'd you get the install date moved from the 25th back to the 7th?

Larry
SF

It just happened. I don't expect the day to be held. I expect to be bumped back several weeks after they notify me they can't do a 622 install on the 7th. At that time I think I'll just put it off until April.

BFG said:
the dish system does not track what satellite you have. All you have to do is tell them you have a dish 1000 if they're giving you such a hassle. But in reality they're just being morons, because a dish 500 and 61.5 works just as fine and is required for florida and northeast markest

SO, when the installation guy comes to my door, can I tell him "look, can we just hook the 211 up , see if it works without you getting on my roof and punching another set of holes in it" and just call it a day? I have the 61.5 satellite and it's driving me CRAZY that everyone here says I don't need it but the CSR's at DISh are telling me I DO need the 1000.

Killswitchengage said:
SO, when the installation guy comes to my door, can I tell him "look, can we just hook the 211 up , see if it works without you getting on my roof and punching another set of holes in it" and just call it a day? I have the 61.5 satellite and it's driving me CRAZY that everyone here says I don't need it but the CSR's at DISh are telling me I DO need the 1000.
Well, since you said you were in the Washington DC DMA, you might think again about the Dish 1000. Your local HD from Dish will probably show up on the 129, and not the 61.5. Remember, they can replace the Dish 500 with the Dish 1000, using the same mounting brackets (no new holes in the roof).

Killswitchengage said:
I have the 61.5 satellite and it's driving me CRAZY that everyone here says I don't need it but the CSR's at DISh are telling me I DO need the 1000.

Still RED here... Same exact situation you speak of.

mdonnelly said:
Well, since you said you were in the Washington DC DMA, you might think again about the Dish 1000. Your local HD from Dish will probably show up on the 129, and not the 61.5. Remember, they can replace the Dish 500 with the Dish 1000, using the same mounting brackets (no new holes in the roof).

Problem is that when I called just to get some information I was told that they HAD to replace my 2 Dish 500's with a Dish 1000. No matter how much I told them I already have all of the locations I need (including 61.5 for some of my locals) they insisted that "It would be nicer to have just 1 dish on your roof than 2."

Just another reason why I'm just going to hold onto my 811 and my current HD channels.