upgrade from 30 inch to 39 inch dish on 61.5

kevex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
Detroit
61.5 is on a dish by itself....How much will my signal go up if I upgrade. ex. on my signal meter I get 64 % on tp 2.

Probably around 5 - 8 points if you aim it and peak it towards 61.5. But it won't be the same on every transponder. I used a larger dish 1000.2 sat dish with a triple lnb holder and aimed it at 61.5 a few years back ,when I was on western arc and wanted to add 61.5 to the mix for locals off that sat. I saw an increase in my transponders and spotbeams anywhere from 5 - 8 points after using the 1000.2 sat dish instead of from a dish 500 sat dish with a single lnb . Usually the bigger the dish pan , the stronger the signal strength.

me thinks you aren't in Bangor ;)

But going from a 30" to 39" really only helps the spotbeams for locals if you are on the edge. You may gain a couple points on the meter on the CONUS stuff (remember the meter isnt a true meter).
You'll mainly gain some rain/snow fade

You will get only few more points is all. I would doubt you would get more than 3 or 4. 64 is plenty on the dish signal meter. It really isn't strength but a signal quality meter.

Seeing E16(61.5) is a new satellite that DISH is fine tuning and adding spotbeams to you might want to hold off making changes until they are done adjusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts