upgrade from 30 inch to 39 inch dish on 61.5

kevex

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 24, 2011
Detroit
61.5 is on a dish by itself....How much will my signal go up if I upgrade. ex. on my signal meter I get 64 % on tp 2.

Probably around 5 - 8 points if you aim it and peak it towards 61.5. But it won't be the same on every transponder. I used a larger dish 1000.2 sat dish with a triple lnb holder and aimed it at 61.5 a few years back ,when I was on western arc and wanted to add 61.5 to the mix for locals off that sat. I saw an increase in my transponders and spotbeams anywhere from 5 - 8 points after using the 1000.2 sat dish instead of from a dish 500 sat dish with a single lnb . Usually the bigger the dish pan , the stronger the signal strength.

me thinks you aren't in Bangor ;)

But going from a 30" to 39" really only helps the spotbeams for locals if you are on the edge. You may gain a couple points on the meter on the CONUS stuff (remember the meter isnt a true meter).
You'll mainly gain some rain/snow fade

You will get only few more points is all. I would doubt you would get more than 3 or 4. 64 is plenty on the dish signal meter. It really isn't strength but a signal quality meter.

Seeing E16(61.5) is a new satellite that DISH is fine tuning and adding spotbeams to you might want to hold off making changes until they are done adjusting.

Can a Hopper watch a live feed from another Hopper?

522 questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts