Upgrade from 921 to 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thelm0467

Original poster
Feb 21, 2007
Corinth, Texas
Except for the recent software upgrade my 921 has been working relatively well and from what I have read the 622 isn't exactly the picture of perfect health in terms of software issues either. Is it worth upgrading to the 622? I understand that the 622 has more functions and some imaginary ones as well but in terms of software issues does it have fewer headaches? Would I be just trading in one headache for another?

I upgraded from the 921 to the 622 and have not regretted it once.

Like you, my 921 experience was positive. I had a few reboots once in a while but otherwise everything worked as I expected it to. But with the New HD channels only being available with MPEG4 and a pretty generous 622 discount I jumped ship.

Don't let the gripes fool ya. The 622 is a great DVR. Its quick and smooth compared to the 921. The PIP works for HD channels. You can choose to ignore Dish Home instead of being prevented from having the choice to ignore it! VOD is there!

The only thing I miss from the 921 was that I had a Video Monitor Camera on the input 0, which was great to tune to ch 0 to see what the baby was up to.

Seriously, get the 622 you won't be sorry.

I'm in the same boat and am scared to death of the 622 based on the posts here, especially since I want to use the HDMI connector that has chronic issues. It's still not where I would like to see it to make the switch.

Don't get me wrong, I hate my 921, but at least the DVI connector works.

I've had no problem with HDMI on the 622, except DD 5.1 didn't work until last weeks update to the 4.01 software.

I'm in the same boat and am scared to death of the 622 based on the posts here, especially since I want to use the HDMI connector that has chronic issues. It's still not where I would like to see it to make the switch.

Don't get me wrong, I hate my 921, but at least the DVI connector works.

I got my 622 back in January and I'm using the HDMI just fine. From what I understand, there are newer revisions and the HDMI port was corrected. Haven't had any problems with the receiver, except for the usual hicups with OTA. I'm happy with it.

I have a 622, 921 and a 942, and the 622 is the best of the three for sure.I haven't had any trouble with HDMI, I miss the 2 hour buffer on the 622 that the 921 has and all the space to hold calls on caller id. I had trouble on the 622 with OTA channels but L4.01 seems to have fixed this. I hope they soon fix this problem on the 942. I like the 921 because I have it set to auto tune at 5:00am on my local news then when I get up I can just ff through it and watch what I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts