Upgrade from a 942 and AEP

Alto101

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 15, 2005
Louisville, KY
I currently have a 942 and a 625 with America's Everything Pack. I recently bought a second HDTV for the bedroom and would like to move the 942 to that room and get a 622 for the main room.

If I lease a 622, I will be able to receive the new HDTV channels, but do I need to switch my package to DishHD Platinum? If so, what are the differences between the old AEP that I had and the DishHD Platinum? I am currently paying $89.99 for the AEP with locals, but the two DVR service fees that I would normally be charged are waived with this package. I am then paying $9.99 for the HD package + $5.00 for the Voom package. Are the DVR service fees waived with the DishHD Platinum?

Also, can I trade in a non-HD DVR(625 I believe) to qualify for the 622 at the lower rate? I really want to keep the 942 as I have a lot of shows saved to it that I don't want to lose.

Finally, can someone please remind me of the executive's office e-mail address? I think it was something like ceo@echostar.com but I probably have it wrong.

More HD

I currently have a 942 and a 625 with America's Everything Pack. I recently bought a second HDTV for the bedroom and would like to move the 942 to that room and get a 622 for the main room.

If I lease a 622, I will be able to receive the new HDTV channels, but do I need to switch my package to DishHD Platinum? If so, what are the differences between the old AEP that I had and the DishHD Platinum? I am currently paying $89.99 for the AEP with locals, but the two DVR service fees that I would normally be charged are waived with this package. I am then paying $9.99 for the HD package + $5.00 for the Voom package. Are the DVR service fees waived with the DishHD Platinum?

Also, can I trade in a non-HD DVR(625 I believe) to qualify for the 622 at the lower rate? I really want to keep the 942 as I have a lot of shows saved to it that I don't want to lose.

Finally, can someone please remind me of the executive's office e-mail address? I think it was something like ceo@echostar.com but I probably have it wrong.

You will get all the HD channels including HBO, STARZ, & Showtime in HD. All the Vooms and MPEG4 channels will come thru on the Plat package for $100. Looks like it will be cheaper for you to go since you are right at $105 now. I was on the Gold pack and adding the 3 movie nets. When I talked it over I found out for $4 more I got everything that E* has I just said why not and took the Plat pack. The email address you have is correct.

I did exactly what you did except mine was a 510 instead of a 625. I actually sold my 510 on ebay, i got more money for it.
not sure if you are leasing the 625.

One thing to note, is you still wont get all the new channels on the 942, like universal and Starzhd etc. they require the 622 or other vip receiver.

I still own the 942 and pay a total of 110.99 a month with a leased 622.
I get platinum and locals 104.99 and 6 dollars lease for the 622.

Followup Question

I am okay with not receiving the new HD channels with the 942 - it will be in the bedroom and we will be okay with the existing HD channels in there.

Should I also be looking to upgrade my dish? I currently have two dishes, one at 61.5 and the other at 110/119.

To answer gbjbany question, I currently lease the 625 and the 942.

I am okay with not receiving the new HD channels with the 942 - it will be in the bedroom and we will be okay with the existing HD channels in there.

Should I also be looking to upgrade my dish? I currently have two dishes, one at 61.5 and the other at 110/119.

To answer gbjbany question, I currently lease the 625 and the 942.

You can get away with your current dish confiruation because all of the new MPEG4 HD channels are on 129 and mirrored on 61.5.

Not knowing where you are 129 can be a bit weak and subject to rain fade.

His profile says he is in Louisville, which I believe does not have HD locals via Dish yet. Assuming that is the case there is no reason to change your setup at this time. Once your HD locals go up you may need to change to a Dish 1000 in order to get 129. But who knows where they will put them right now.

Call From Dish

I got a call from the executive office and they are willing to replace my 625 with a 622 for $199. They would then change my programing package to the DishHD Platinum. Is the $199 charge the same everyone else is paying or should I be able to ask for a lower price or perhaps programming credits to offset some of the $199?

If you take this offer do what ever it takes to keep the 61.5 dish. They will try to swap it out for a D1000 looking at the dying 129...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)