Upgrade from broken SD receiver to HD for free (or really cheap)?

GreeneDISH you have contract phobia, don't worry about being under contract when you upgrade to the XIP. The upgrade will just start a new 24 mo. contract replacing any existing contract not EXTENDING the existing contract. The 922 is normally a $200 upgrade and a 24 mo. contract.

Boba,
Not phobic, just wanting to make sure I am set with what I want before committing.
As long as what I am getting will make me happy for two years, I am more than willing to re-enter into a contract.

Well, I think Zach has not only answered all my questions but has actually ended up making things simpler.
I still have to spend some money and commit to a contract but think I will be happy for the foreseeable future.
Thanks to everyone who chimed in helping me out and to Zach for all his help.
What I am going with is keeping the 622, adding a 922 and dropping one TV.

I know but the two secondary TV's will just have to live with SD for another year or so. At least this way I will have the two main TV's in HD.

Final update:
The installation went well. For once, I had an installation I was completely satisfied with.
The installer was totally professional and did exactly what I wanted and was hoping for.
Love the new equipment. Still want to go whole house HD in the future but everything is great for now.
Thank you once again to everyone who helped me make a decision and Zach for making it happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)