Upgrade Fun

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

abishai

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Just wanted to share my email I just sent to ceo@echostar.com. Hopefully it can get resolved and I'll be posting here how I'm a happy customer again soon.

To whom it may concern,

I recently upgraded to a ViP 622 from a standard 811 because of the loss of HD channels due to the MPEG4 switchover. I did this by calling the number given on my guide at the beginning of this month(August). While upgrading to the 622 I also changed my programing from the AT200 with Voom originals and the old HD package. I went to the DVR Advantage and added the AT250 to that for 10 dollars with the 20 dollar HD package. I was told that with my 18 month commitment I would get the DHPP included for 12 of those 18 months. Today I get an email saying my bill is available online and when I checked I was surprised to see what was there. First I'm on the Digital Home Advantage America's top 250 with Locals instead of the DVR Advantage I signed up for. Next I'm getting charged for the DHPP. And finally I have DVR fees on there. Obviously that wasn't correct.

So I call costumer support to try and sort out this mess. After speaking with the first lady whose name I didn't get I asked for a supervisor since nothing was getting solved. I was then put through to Sandra. I explained my situation to her. She told me that I do not get the DHPP as part of my 18 month contract. She said she would be willing to take that off my bill since I told her I didn't order it I was told it was included. She then said my DVR fees were due to not being on the DVR Advantage package. I explained my situation and how I had in fact signed up for the DVR Advantage. Sandra then tells me she would sign me up for it. After being on hold for awhile she tells me that I had to select a movie package for another 10 dollars in order to get the DVR Advantage with the AT250. She tells me the promotion for the DVR Advantage ($49.99) plus the AT250 added on ($10.00) ended on the 15th of August. I explain to her that I signed up for this at the beginning of August and being that my install was on the 12th it was OBVIOUSLY before the 15th. She said that there was nothing that she could do then out of nowhere reminds me that it's 244 dollars for me to cancel. I made no mention of canceling my account and thought this was a rather rude thing for her to say. I informed her that I had no problem keeping up my end of the contract it was on her end that the contract wasn't being fulfilled.

I'm sorry for the long story but is there anything that can be done? I will not pay 10 extra dollars for a movie pack I did not want. I also don't understand how I'm being punished and being spoken to rudely because of a mistake made on your end. Any help will be appreciated.

Well for starters, whether you're in the right or wrong, asking a CSR to change your contract terms is just a bad idea. They CAN do it, but they get in serious trouble (read as FIRED) if caught. Same principle as taking someone off a contract who should be on one. They don't have ready access to the original paperwork, so the response you got at the end I expect.

As far as DDA goes, I'd need to check further. I know that promotion was due to end soon, but not all of the people with old setups have been converted to the new billing yet. My guess is someone tried to put yours through, and the computer puked it up. She could put you under what you want, but it will impact your billing. They can't honor prices outside of the system, the computer doesn't like it.

Now the CEO address is likely going to contact one or two departments depending on whether you subscribed directly with E* or through a retailer. Pray it wasn't a retailer. The whole fun fun thing should take a week or two to sort out. Sad part...it takes like 10 minutes. Lots of things that happen in weeks take ten minutes come to think of it...Oh well.

I actually went through Dish themselves for my contract, never had any paperwork did it all over the phone. I hope this can all get sorted out I'll keep the post updated with any info I receive from Dish.

I don't remember reading that the DVR Advantage would require a movie package after the 15th and I don't think it does.

Edit: Then again after looking back at the retail chat I found this.

So you should be good, but I have no idea what the specifics of the DVR advantage are now.

Attachments

• retailer7.jpg
    retailer7.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 242
The problem has been taken care of thanks to Mr. VanLaethem from Dish. Thanks everyone who replied in an effort to help and thanks to anyone from dish who may be watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)