Upgrade help, currently have HR24-500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wuufman

Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
NYC
We've had this DVR for about 5yrs now and are starting to experience some issues. Mainly it reacts sluggishly working through the guide, slow to launch new channels, long pauses (black screen) when initiating downloaded content. Where before everything would transition in a snap.

Will DirecTV fight me if I request to get the DVR upgraded?

Will they make me pay for the new DVR or will they replace it for free?

Can/should I request a specific model? We currently just need DirecTV for a single TV.

If I can what model should I request? Or ask not to have?

Finally is there a way to transfer saved shows from the old DVR to the new one?

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

:)

:welcome to Satelliteguys wuufman!

You can't request a specific model, but they are pretty much only using the HR24 models now. The only upgrade is to a Genie, which means more monthly charges because you have to have whole home viewing enabled with a Genie. Call and tell them it won't even turn on. They will still run you through a series of tests, like is it plugged in, are there batteries in the remote, etc. Just keep telling them it is dead, won't even start up. Eventually they will agree to replace it. It won't cost you anything except maybe $20 to ship it if you don't have the protection plan. They may want to send a tech out to swap it. There is no way to transfer shows, so I suggest you watch what you can before asking to get a new one.

Okay thanks for the information.

That sucks they are stuck on the H24s I was at least hoping they would of upped the hard drive and processor.

Okay thanks for the information.

That sucks they are stuck on the H24s I was at least hoping they would of upped the hard drive and processor.
Thing is they haven't done any newer DVR's (HR24 is DVR, H24 is just an HD recvr) without going to the Genie set up.
Nothing wrong with the Genie set up if your getting the newer stuff, HR44 or 54 are both very good units.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)