Upgrade Hopper 3 Using DPH 42 Update.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

EdB-4721

Original poster
Sep 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Finally got time to add an outlet and mount DPH 42switch indoors.This is a continuation of an earlier post.

I got a H3, wireless Joey, a DPH 42 switch. I have a 1000.4 dish with DPP Turbo HD Eastern Arc LNBF.

The LNBF can get 77, 61.5 and 72. I plugged all three LNB leads into the DPH 42 at inputs 1,2, and 3. I am getting 72 on the check switch on all 4 tuners and a blank second column, which I assume is 77 (See photo). I am not getting anything on 61.5 which has the HD content and local channels. I used Hipkats recommendation to hook up the Hopper (See attached again). SInce I didn't need the out puts to the Joey(s), yet, I put terminators on them.

I know 77 is redundant in the EA because it has SD content for ourHD channel package.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen shot.JPG
    Screen shot.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 278
  • DPH 42.png
    DPH 42.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 343
Finally got time to add an outlet and mount DPH 42switch indoors.This is a continuation of an earlier post.

I got a H3, wireless Joey, a DPH 42 switch. I have a 1000.4 dish with DPP Turbo HD Eastern Arc LNBF.

The LNBF can get 77, 61.5 and 72. I plugged all three LNB leads into the DPH 42 at inputs 1,2, and 3. I am getting 72 on the check switch on all 4 tuners and a blank second column, which I assume is 77 (See photo). I am not getting anything on 61.5 which has the HD content and local channels. I used Hipkats recommendation to hook up the Hopper (See attached again). SInce I didn't need the out puts to the Joey(s), yet, I put terminators on them.

I know 77 is redundant in the EA because it has SD content for ourHD channel package.

Any help would be appreciated.

I guess my first thought would be that you’re absolutely sure that Dish is pointed in correctly. I know while I’ve been out here in Buffalo were getting that a lot of times 72 will show up super buddy but I’m not hitting the 72 it’s whichever satellite is just to the west, possibly the 77. I have to move it just a tiny bit to the east and then it comes in.

I guess my first thought would be that you’re absolutely sure that Dish is pointed in correctly. I know while I’ve been out here in Buffalo were getting that a lot of times 72 will show up super buddy but I’m not hitting the 72 it’s whichever satellite is just to the west, possibly the 77. I have to move it just a tiny bit to the east and then it comes in.

I got it. For some reason the RG6 wasn't attached to the 61.5 port on the LNB. Thanks for the help. I blame the installer. (Me).

Last edited:
Reactions: HipKat
So- could we get a wiring diagram of a 1000.4 to DPH42 to H3 & J3? Not having any success searching on my own.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)