Upgrade install question

MartyB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
Elwood, IN
I'm having my service upgraded tomorrow to HD. If I'm leaving everything set up the exact same way that it is now (522 in the den - 2nd tv in the living room - to be replaced with whichever they bring 622/722 & 2nd receiver in the bedroom) - will the installers just use the same cables that are already run? I'm just inquiring for basement access - it's a scary place. LOL Sorry if this is one of those "obvious" questions, but, I just want to be prepared.

Yes they more than likely will unless your cable is the wrong kind or has bad places where your dog has chewed on it.

Post back here tomorrow and let us know how it went.

I will do that! Our original install, a couple years back, went really well. (other than the guy drilling through our hardwood floor) ... but, other than that, they did a great job. So, hopefully, I won't have a horror story to post tomorrow. :)

I will do that! Our original install, a couple years back, went really well. (other than the guy drilling through our hardwood floor) ... but, other than that, they did a great job. So, hopefully, I won't have a horror story to post tomorrow. :)
I am trying to be informative here. So don't get upset.....It's YOUR house. If you didn't want the drill penetration in the hardwood floor it was up to you to be specific about that. If you don't tell us we will use SOP...Floor penetrations are very common in this type of work..

Yeah, dishcomm - I agree with you - and no worries, not upset by the post at all. ... it was my fault for not paying attention/staying in the room while the guys were doing the work. I pretty much didn't want to be in their way and just told them if they needed anything to let me know. It's not in a spot that is all that obvious, so, not really a big deal. I would liked to have been asked, I guess, but, again, I'm really not upset over it. :) My service has worked great from the day it was installed - the guys even did their best to put the dish in a very inconspicuous spot on the roof so it's not visible from the street. I'm hoping all goes as well tomorrow. ... and this time, I'm not really so concerned with the installers as I am with the equipment.

All's well!

Following up - the installer showed up about 20 minutes into my 4 hour window. We did the walk through. He then informed me that his office didn't have any 622's. He made a phone call, they upgraded me to the 722 at no add'l charge. Got the new dish put up, brought in the equipment, went through the set up and I'm happily enjoying my HD programming! Hooray for excellent service. I think I'll be making a phone call and sending off an email to praise - rather than complain. I know all my years in management/customer service, not enough people spread the good news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)