upgrade? maintenance? some help needed. what would you do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mots-a

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
I will try to sum this up quickly.

I have had dtv since before 2000.

I have 2 I think they are called h20 DVr receivers, and 2 non had receivers.

I have the the old oval hd dish on my roof + the old school stop sign shaped non hd dish :)

my contract has been up for some time now,

as most of you know there are some enticing offers from the other providers.

I'm thinking and know my dish needs to be updated (lnbs don't look good). plus the cable run from the dish down the roof need to be updated they have been baking and soaking for some time now.

should I ask for a upgrade in equipment (newest dish to be installed and some new cable runs down the roof) with a new contract agreement.

should I ask for more? or should I ask for less? should I sit with no contract and buy the parts I need off eBay? should I call another provider?

thanks.

I will try to sum this up quickly.

I have had dtv since before 2000.

I have 2 I think they are called h20 DVr receivers, and 2 non had receivers.

I have the the old oval hd dish on my roof + the old school stop sign shaped non hd dish :)

my contract has been up for some time now,

as most of you know there are some enticing offers from the other providers.

I'm thinking and know my dish needs to be updated (lnbs don't look good). plus the cable run from the dish down the roof need to be updated they have been baking and soaking for some time now.

should I ask for a upgrade in equipment (newest dish to be installed and some new cable runs down the roof) with a new contract agreement.

should I ask for more? or should I ask for less? should I sit with no contract and buy the parts I need off eBay? should I call another provider?

thanks.

If the commitment isn't an issue, I would call and let them know that you have some REALLY OLD equipment and would like to upgrade and see what they offer you, if you don't like the first offer, hang up and call back.

If you're happy with DirecTV, I'd call them and ask what they would do for you. I'm not sure if they would upgrade your wiring, but if they don't but will upgrade all your equipment, they add the maintenance plan. I'm sure others may have other advice for you. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Well, they won't replace stuff because it's old. They will however do upgrades (with a new commitment). Most likely, if you called, they would offer you a free upgrade to a genie and clients. That would probably include a new dish (SWM) and most likely they'd need to run new cable.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAC-12 Urges DIRECTV Customers to Switch Providers

Is another HR-21-700 the best for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts