Upgrade My DISH service to HD

AXASteve

Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Anguilla, BWI
I have been a Dish customer for 7 years and now want to move up to HD. I own ALL my own equipment and service myself. I have a 6' dish pointed to 119 and a 4' dish pointed to 110. I have purchased/installed a 722k receiver, had Dish turn on HD service (with auto-pay, it's free). Today, I aimed my 119 dish to receive 61.5 and have good signal strength on 61.5. Switch test was fine - getting both 110 and 61.5. My local channels are showing in the HD guide but getting error message "Complete Signal Loss - 11-11-11". And all Dish tells me is to get a service call to fix. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a different LNB to receive HD? Different dish? Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers, Steve

I have been a Dish customer for 7 years and now want to move up to HD. I own ALL my own equipment and service myself. I have a 6' dish pointed to 119 and a 4' dish pointed to 110. I have purchased/installed a 722k receiver, had Dish turn on HD service (with auto-pay, it's free). Today, I aimed my 119 dish to receive 61.5 and have good signal strength on 61.5. Switch test was fine - getting both 110 and 61.5. My local channels are showing in the HD guide but getting error message "Complete Signal Loss - 11-11-11". And all Dish tells me is to get a service call to fix. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a different LNB to receive HD? Different dish? Thanks for any suggestions. Cheers, Steve

You either need 110/119/129 or 61.5/72.7 the bulk of the hd is on 129 and 72.7

what locals are you getting? Your loc says anguilla so any locals you get will be out of the spotbeam (assume New York). All HD locals are on spotbeams.

both of which cannot be seen in the west indies. If he has a Puerto Rico or USVI address he can get HD on 110 but only on those 2 locales.

I saw his location,just wasn't sure if it was his true location.

what locals are you getting? Your loc says anguilla so any locals you get will be out of the spotbeam (assume New York). All HD locals are on spotbeams.

I split my time between NY and Anguilla, BWI. I have been getting NYC locals in Anguilla for 5 years on 119, but also have 110 (each on separate dish) here. Now I want to upgrade to HD. Before moving both dishes, I moved the 119 dish from 119 to 61.5 and am getting good signal. But - as I said - no programming. I am not getting every transponder, but (for example) I am getting transponder 2 on 61.5, but cannot receive channel 4110 or 4112. In fact, not even showing in channel guide. Has me totally baffled. Thanks - Steve

Steve
Thank you for confirming locations.....helps us out a lot

NY locals in SD (the BIg 4 + WPIX & WWOR) are CONUS which means Continental US....simpler terms..you can get them regardless of location (like cable channels).
The HD version are on spotbeams which means outside of NYC it wont work

I am not getting every transponder, but (for example) I am getting transponder 2 on 61.5, but cannot receive channel 4110 or 4112.
Those are on 72.7 which last I checked cannot be seen in the Caribbean. TheList at the top of the page has what programming is where (what satellite)

The issue with HD is (I posted it above) that the Caribbean areas (PR& USVI) have their own HD programming on 110 via spotbeams. The problem is you need a PR/USVI address for them to turn it on.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...&sub=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=E10_SB4849.jpg

You really need 3 dishes 1 each 61.5, 110,& 119. You are going to have to see what kind of signal level you can get from 129. I'm guessing that you will need a minimum of an 8ft maybe even a 10 to get adequate signal from it. Good luck on get all the HD down where you live. You will not get NYC locals in HD where you are living.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts