Upgrade my dish

BruceE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I have a Dish 1000 system with a VIP622 DVR and a hd tv. I live in the Huntington/Charleston,WV dma. My local channels are in hd but I do not receive them.
I would like to upgrade my dish to get my locals in hd but I am not sure what dish I would need.
Can anyone offer any advice on which dish I would need to get my locals in hd.
I have the everything package for right now.

Thanks,
BruceE

Hi there, BruceE. My name is Anthony Thomas and I am with DISH Network Customer Service. Your HD locals come the 77 satellite orbital. There are a couple ways to manage to get them in HD and I will be happy to download this information here. Your current dish is a 1000 (I assume either 1k.2 or 1000+, but setup Western Arc either way). You can take a migration to EA depending on your programming and get a 1k.4, or get setup with a wing dish to 77 only, keeping current programming but getting a dish directly at the orbital that carries your HD locals. Lastly, the VIP622 should have onboard digital tuner (labelled 8VSB) and that would scan your local channels and act as an extra tuner. The locals available to you via DISH are the big 4 (ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX). Hope this helps.

Any idea where I can buy a 1K.4? How much does one cost? How do I go about setting this dish up and wiring it up.

Thanks,
BruceE

Click on the DishStore.net link at the top of this page and you can buy one from them online or call Claude on the phonme and he will take care of you.

Won't be the cheapest thing ever, and certainly not the easiest to set up. Doing it yourself, you're best off taking the idea of a 77 wing dish

would like to ungrade my dish system to a 1k.4 system.If i order the 1k.4 dish does everything I need to do the install myself come with dish or will I need to buy something to do the install.How hard is this to do? Who would have the best price on this system.
Thanks for all your help
ruceE

I have a Dish 1000 system with a VIP622 DVR and a hd tv. I live in the Huntington/Charleston,WV dma. My local channels are in hd but I do not receive them.
I would like to upgrade my dish to get my locals in hd but I am not sure what dish I would need.
Can anyone offer any advice on which dish I would need to get my locals in hd.
I have the everything package for right now.

Thanks,
BruceE

If you have DHPP(Dish Home Protection Plan) contact Dish Network Tech Support tell them about your problem they will come out and set up the dish you need for $15. dollars.;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts