Upgrade original Hopper to new UI issues

Wait till 2 Hopper users notice they can't watch primetime recording on the other box.
Or share custom folders.

Or give you an option to record to the other Hopper when a conflict pops up.

Or when he exits an App and has no picture with sound, or has picture with no sound.

Or every time a recording starts it kicks him off the live tuner he's watching even if 2 are still un-used

Or if he picks a SD RSN channel out of the guide and it still defaults to HD anyway. Not very helpful when your full time HD RSN are NOT full time.

Or tries to Type in a 5 digit channel.

If this UI is the Main stream UI now.
DISH out of principal should have Upgraded all the 2 Hopper homes for Free to the H3, Or drop that Bogus $12 fee for the 2nd Hopper to $7

After all, we all had our systems perfect before the H3 came out.
Its not the customers fault, Yet the existing customer pays again.

Let the apologies begin...
Sorry just can't believe they are sending out U213 to newly activated H2s.

Last edited:
I mean, who would ever want to sort something in alphabetic order?
My cousin is going to be sooooooo mad when we get upgraded since there is no more A-Z sorting
I'm not disputing that there's a need for alphabetical sorting but I am not able to think of one off-hand. To me, sorting by episode # and in some cases, record date (which isn't always 'accurate' - what happens in a series and an episode or two gets skipped and recorded later ?) are important.

When is sorting/listing by A-Z beneficial ?

Reactions: JSheridan
Or share custom folders.

Or give you an option to record to the other Hopper when a conflict pops up.

Or when he exits an App and has no picture with sound, or has picture with no sound.

Or every time a recording starts it kicks him off the live tuner he's watching even if 2 are still un-used

Or if he picks a SD RSN channel out of the guide and it still defaults to HD anyway. Not very helpful when your full time HD RSN are NOT full time.

Or tries to Type in a 5 digit channel.

If this UI is the Main stream UI now.
DISH out of principal should have Upgraded all the 2 Hopper homes for Free to the H3, Or drop that Bogus $12 fee for the 2nd Hopper to $7

After all, we all had our systems perfect before the H3 came out.
Its not the customers fault, Yet the existing customer pays again.

Let the apologies begin...
Sorry just can't believe they are sending out U213 to newly activated H2s.

Echostar must be switching to agile development methodology now. This is the problem I have with businesses now using this method. It allows companies to release builds with major known issues, prioritizing release date above all else. Personally I'd prefer "soon" and get a build without major known issues.

Reactions: Troch77
I've been in IT before it was called IT, with extensive Beta team experiences - I'm just trying to help. I've been in contact with 3 Dish CSRs, and the last one said she would forward my uploaded screenshots to higher up the technical chain. She was the only CSR that actually took me seriously. One of the earlier CSRs inferred this was my fault for downloading the upgrade. After numerous reboots, the local folders still look good on the local device, but cannot be accessed by the remote device(s). In summary, if you look at remote folders you either see "No Events to Display", or, the folder view is populated with icons of recordings that exist on your local device. If you choose one of these icons, it does in fact begin playing the recording associated with the icon. As Troch77 said it would, my Joey (1st gen) auto-updated to the Carbon UI. It is linked to my "Living Room" Hopper. From the Joey, choosing "Family Room" Hopper as source, when I view the contents of the "Family Room" Hopper's "Concerts" folder, I get 12 icons from the "Living Room" Hopper's "Movies" folder. Missing features aside, IMHO, this is a critical system malfunction.

What!!!!!!!!!!!! so now with the new "upgraded" UI, we can no longer view the contents of primetime on our 2nd HWS? :thubdown:thubdown What a stupid "upgrade"..........what is wrong with Dish

Wouldn't the work around (and annoying to those who don't save series) be just to save the PTAT series to the second Hopper w/ Sling so it shows up in the Recorded Events folder ?

Well, Ok, here's another new UI "feature" I've found. The first screenshot is my "Living Room" Hopper, displaying the contents of its "Movies" folder. It is correct. The second screenshot is viewing the "Living Room" Hopper's "Movies" folder from my "Family Room" Hopper. Notice the subtle difference? The items displayed ARE partial contents of the "Family Room" Hopper's "Concerts" folder. So, it seems I either get "X" number of recordings with "Nothing to Display", or the correct number of recordings but completely bogus contents. Great. I want my old UI back.

From Post 12: Did you notice that the 2nd JPG folder is in alphabetical order? Look at the top of the JPG to see the yellow button "Sort: A-Z". Based on your own picture, it looks like the Yellow button on the 40.0 UHF remote still works on the new UI and alphabetical sort "Sort: A-Z" is still an option.

From Post 12: Did you notice that the 2nd JPG folder is in alphabetical order? Look at the top of the JPG to see the yellow button "Sort: A-Z". Based on your own picture, it looks like the Yellow button on the 40.0 UHF remote still works on the new UI and alphabetical sort "Sort: A-Z" is still an option.
Yep, and with the 50 or 52 remote you press options and then sort to make the same change.

Nice catch RobMeyer1! I think what's going on here is if it is an EHD system-generated folder with episodes, you get the choice of "Season, Episode" or "Recorded Date", but not "A-Z". If you view a user-generated folder it gives the option of "Recorded Date" or "A-Z". But still, only 2 choices each scenario.

Wouldn't the work around (and annoying to those who don't save series) be just to save the PTAT series to the second Hopper w/ Sling so it shows up in the Recorded Events folder ?
The work around is to Just record what you want . And leave PTA off.
Problem solved.

Well, Ok, here's another new UI "feature" I've found. The first screenshot is my "Living Room" Hopper, displaying the contents of its "Movies" folder. It is correct. The second screenshot is viewing the "Living Room" Hopper's "Movies" folder from my "Family Room" Hopper. Notice the subtle difference? The items displayed ARE partial contents of the "Family Room" Hopper's "Concerts" folder. So, it seems I either get "X" number of recordings with "Nothing to Display", or the correct number of recordings but completely bogus contents. Great. I want my old UI back.
Did you try to reset the hoppers after the downloads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

The work around is to Just record what you want . And leave PTA off.
Problem solved.

No that doesn't "solve" the problem............it is just a work around. The problem is Dish taking away another feature that works & is used by their customers. Now by FORCING this so called upgrade, the customer gets screwed again.
They continue to increase prices & fees, yet take away features such as this, quick use of auto hop, etc.............all in the name of "progress" :rolleyes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)