Upgrade/Out of Contract Question?

nwoidaho

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 20, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Moved to my current location back in July 2012 and hooked up Dish. Had to do so on my Uncle's credit but they hooked us up with an secondary account, AT250 and a 322 receiver for 2SD TV's. Since then, I've upgraded to an HDTV set. I want to get hooked up with the same set-up yet get an HD/SD receiver. Reading the forums, I see a lot of people threatening to leave Dish only to have them offer some pretty decent perks to retain customers. My Uncle who vouched for us to get the service has been with Dish since the beginning and has several receivers on his account. I'm quite sure both of us are out of the contract phase. Should I try and negotiate a deal to get myself a receiver or should I get my Uncle to do the negotiations. I'm on the account as the contact. Can I get an upgraded receiver and/or a discount on programming if I enter into a new contract? What are others doing in this situation?

Moved to my current location back in July 2012 and hooked up Dish. Had to do so on my Uncle's credit but they hooked us up with an secondary account, AT250 and a 322 receiver for 2SD TV's. Since then, I've upgraded to an HDTV set. I want to get hooked up with the same set-up yet get an HD/SD receiver. Reading the forums, I see a lot of people threatening to leave Dish only to have them offer some pretty decent perks to retain customers. My Uncle who vouched for us to get the service has been with Dish since the beginning and has several receivers on his account. I'm quite sure both of us are out of the contract phase. Should I try and negotiate a deal to get myself a receiver or should I get my Uncle to do the negotiations. I'm on the account as the contact. Can I get an upgraded receiver and/or a discount on programming if I enter into a new contract? What are others doing in this situation?
What is a secondary account mean? Is this a way to be able to get two Hopper 3s?

What is a secondary account mean? Is this a way to be able to get two Hopper 3s?

No. He opened up a second account on his credit to wave the connection fee. When I get a bill, it has my name on it but when we get any kind of online correspondence, it hits my email account in his name.

It would probably be better for you to contact a DIRT DISH member here and explain what you want to do.

It sounds like you need to get a ViP222. This will probably require a new two-year contract unless you purchase the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts