Upgrade Questions

txranger

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2007
I have noticed that Dish is now giving the HD/DVR as a free upgrade to new customers. Have they changed the dish it up program so that you can upgrade to a 622 for free?

I have noticed that Dish is now giving the HD/DVR as a free upgrade to new customers. Have they changed the dish it up program so that you can upgrade to a 622 for free?

NO. But it's better than a couple of months ago...$149.00 up front less $100.00 rebate/credit=$49.00. I paid $99.00 in March.

Does anyone know if Dish has a retention department? I have been very happy with them for 3 years but i hate being shafted. New customers get the 622 for free but existing get shafted real well

Does anyone know if Dish has a retention department? I have been very happy with them for 3 years but i hate being shafted. New customers get the 622 for free but existing get shafted real well
You're only a virgin once.

How much did you pay for the hardware that you have?

The average Subscriber Acquisition Cost (the cost of attracting a new customer) for Dish Network is in the mid $600 range. The average annual revenue from a subscriber is around $800. Do you think they would last long if they had to do that with all customers?

Ok I concede on that point. Onto my next one. Currently I have a Dish 500. To go the 622 will i need to get a 1000.2. I live in the nortwest corner of the DFW Metroplex. And If I do do you know if there is a cost to that? My objective is HD programming with the same functionality of my 522

Ok I concede on that point. Onto my next one. Currently I have a Dish 500. To go the 622 will i need to get a 1000.2. I live in the nortwest corner of the DFW Metroplex. And If I do do you know if there is a cost to that? My objective is HD programming with the same functionality of my 522

The dish and all necessary wiring is included in the DIU price for the ViP622.

Im going to sound a bit ignorant but what do mean by DIU?

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Dishin' It Up. It's the name if their upgrade promotion.

I have the DISH 1000+ dish. You will need 129 if you want the Dallas locals in HD.

Thanks everyone for the information. Now I just need to decide if I wanna spend the 149 and get only 50 back since I will let them install since climbing on a house is not in my best interest, or wait on Verizon FIOS TV since Direct is out of the question for the price

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)