Upgrade to 1000.4 for HD in Little Rock DMA

gbs

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 12, 2005
Benton, Arkansas
Just an informational post on my upgrade experience.

Dish installer (Southern Star) spent four hours at my house yesterday upgrading my system to a 1000.4 EA dish so I can get my HD locals. He removed my 110-119 and 61.5 Dish 500’s. He did a super job and removed and replaced all the RG6 outside the house to the new ground block that goes to my DP44 switch. He peaked the 1000.4 after mounting and once he confirmed he had all 3 sats he re-peaked and gained several points in signal strength on each bird. I am getting 50+ on all locations. I did not know the 1000.4 had support struts for added stability, but they look like they will be quite functional in keeping the alignment in place.

I got the upgrade with no additional commitment from the CSR that took my original call. I had once considered buying the 1000.4 and doing a self-install but I am so glad I got Dish to do it instead.

The CSR pointed out that there was no additional commitment when I placed the order and the installing tech showed me where to intial the paperwork to decline any additional commitment. I will check it again when I get home this PM.

Just wanted to give a pat on the back to Southern Star as well for a good Little Rock HD locals install.

We live in Hot Springs. The installer showed up promptly at 8am on the dot. DISH customer service had told me that it was a mandatory Eastern Arc install and so they were supposed to also send a Vip211k to replace my one remaining MPEG-2 only receiver (an old 510DVR); all my other receivers were already upgraded to MPEG-4.

Of course, DISH failed to include the replacement receiver in the work order.

He said "let me take a look around" and quickly said he could just add a wing dish for the 77 sat instead of the Eastern Arc Dish and that then there would be no need to replace the 510DVR.

He spent about 2.5 hours doing the installation, never rushed and made certain everything was neatly installed. He then reset all receivers and made sure that all was good which it was.

He was very pleasant and seemed to enjoy his work.

We all complain so much about DISH that guys like Southern Star should get an "ATTABOY!!!" when something good happens!

Last edited:
Chris said "let me take a look around" and quickly said he could just add a wing dish for the 77 sat instead of the Eastern Arc Dish and that then there would be no need to replace the 510DVR.

I'm scratching my head on this one. 77 is an eastern arc sat and all MPEG4. Perhaps he pointed to 61.5?

I'm scratching my head on this one. 77 is an eastern arc sat and all MPEG4. Perhaps he pointed to 61.5?

All HD locals are mpeg4 no matter what satellite. No SD receiver is going to receive them anyway. There are lots of subs with WA installs pointing at 61.5 and 77 for their HD locals. Most of them have SD locals also available from the WA.

Correct Laddyboy.

Now the downside...

Got home tonight and DISH had shut off the DP510. Guess because they sent the replacement Vip211k NOT!!!

30 minutes with online tech support and they figured out that they should turn the 510 back on.

One step forward.

One step back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)