This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Upgrade to 4k receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MUSKOKAN

Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
FORT PIERCE FLORIDA
I currently have 4 receivers on my account. to Florida for the winter and take on of them with me and tell Direct that I have moved and they set up there. Now if I were to upgrade to 4K in Florida would that make all my other receivers useless or could I keep them and then just move the new 4K north with me in the spring

You can upgrade to 4K capabilities at any time. As far as I know, this would mean you'd have to replace/get an HR54-level Genie DVR, a separate mini-style receiver (for 4K) and your wiring topology would need changed to a SWiM system (if not already). You'd also restart a contractual term.

Other than that, as long as your other receivers are SWiM-compatible (something DirecTV could also confirm), getting to 4K has nothing else to do with existing receivers, unless someone else knows something I don't.

I would agree. Any older receivers that are not SWM compatible they would replace, likely with genie mini clients.

the 4k will only be output from a mini
in order to take 4k with you you would need to take the hr54 AND the mini

Status
Please reply by conversation.