upgrade to HD now, or, in Feb. 2009?

scoffman10

Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I've heard some talk on this forum about waiting until Feb. 2009 to upgrade to HD. I see that Dish's current HD upgrade promotions expire on 1/31/2009. If I upgraded now, I would add the Turbo Bronze onto my AT100 package for $10.00 more per month, get a 722 receiver, new dish, and installation for, at most, $150 (maybe less if I put up a fight on the phone). What would be the benefit of waiting until Feb.? Because Absolute HD isn't offered anymore, is there speculation that Dish will allow current customers to get an all-HD package like new customers are getting now?

Thanks for any help, or speculation, that you can give!

I've heard that some package prices are going up as much as $10.00 and DVR's will be more. So I'd do it now.

I know last year the commitment when from 18 months to 24 months. The prices for the receivers also went up. Its a gamble either way. If the deals do get better and you do get it now, at least you have the satisfaction of watching HD between now and then ...

I know last year the commitment when from 18 months to 24 months. The prices for the receivers also went up. Its a gamble either way. If the deals do get better and you do get it now, at least you have the satisfaction of watching HD between now and then ...

Yes, I've experienced that argument when buying my plasma tv last year. If nothing major is on the horizon, then I'll probably go for the upgrade soon and enjoy the quality. Thanks!

I've heard that some package prices are going up as much as $10.00 and DVR's will be more. So I'd do it now.

it's a beast to switch now. I had success by laying out exactly what I wanted done prices, equipment, dates in an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com . I also called and chatted with CSRs. I wanted to switch before february for the reasons you mention.

pfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts