Upgrade to HD

reckoniez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Upgrade to HD?

Going to be getting a new TV want to upgrade a 322 to either a Vip222 or a Vip622 was wondering how much it would cost to upgrade to either or we also have a 522 and both recievers are leased ordered the 522 right after last christmas also heard that there are issues with the 222 are there any or has everything been fixed

thank you
George

Last edited:
Going to be getting a new TV want to upgrade a 322 to either a Vip222 or a Vip622 was wondering how much it would cost to upgrade to either or we also have a 522 and both recievers are leased ordered the 522 right after last christmas also heard that there are issues with the 222 are there any or has everything been fixed

thank you
George

Check on the E* website for the DishiN'it up upgrades and that should give your costs. Many are claiming that there might be a xmas or first of the year promotion, but I have seen nothing definite yet.

Make sure you get some type of identification of the person that you deal with. I upgraded in August. Since I had been with Dish for 10 years, there wasn't supposed to be ANY type of upgrade charge. Surprise, surprise.........they charged me $200 for the 722 upgrade, & then 59.95 for installation. They screwed up my auto credit card payment. What a mess.........I finally got it resolved this month.

I fail to see any new prices on DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557 nor on DishDirect, Inc. - Home. Can you give us a URL or else a better hint as to what you're talking about?

As of the last Retailer Chat, the Retailer has been treated with additional incentives should an existing customer up-grade to the 612. Any Retailer can provide the 612 to any existing customer under the new Dish-n-Up promotion Business rules. Call a retailer in your market and ask about the 612 special pricing. The pricing requires a 24 mo contract and at least the $10 HD package. Pricing does not apply to purchase, leasing only, the way I understand it.

thanks for the responce so far will be calling dish tomorrow just wondering what would be the cost versus the current cost for a HD DVR that will replace the 322 per month and will there be another DVR Fee for the HD DVR or is the one for the 522 going to cover that
thank you
George

Unless you have AEP, there will be an additional charge for a second DVR... Unless you go with the 222 which is supposed to get the DVR conversion software like the 211's. The DVR conversion costs $40 one time per account and does not incur the DVR monthly charge.

thank you for you reply's it is now installed got a 722 through component which brings me to another question when i press info on the TV remote it says 480p how do i change that to 1080i the installer must of took the guide to the reciever
thank you
George

2 things

thank you for you reply's it is now installed got a 722 through component which brings me to another question when i press info on the TV remote it says 480p how do i change that to 1080i the installer must of took the guide to the reciever
thank you
George

Call the installer and tell him to bring back the parts he took with him. And to switch to 1080 it is menu 6-8 then you change the TV type to 1080i and If TV is 16 X 9 set it for that. If it is a 4X3 screen start w/ 4X3 # 1 look at it then go back and set to 4X3 # 2 and look at the the picture. Which ever looks better on the 4X3 go with that. Most cases it will be #1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)