Upgrade to HR20-700

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tbone

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Spoke to the retention department today at DirectTV. Mentioned I was considering dropping them in favor of Dishnetwork and there HD DVR. The guy told me they would be rolling out the HR20-700 HD DVR to some areas on the 16th. of Aug. I was offered this new HD DVR plus NFL Sunday Ticket at a greatly reduced price if I would stay with them. I accepted the deal, and my account has been noted for the HR20-700 + AT9 dish install as soon as they are available in the Charlotte NC area. The guy mentioned I would more than likely have the install before the NFL opener on Sep. 10th. I know that is probable reaching a little, but it is good to know I will be getting the upgrade when the time comes for free. I have a standard HD receiver now.

Are they giving you the new HR20 free ? If not what was the greatly reduced price ? I have a leased HR10-250 and was told it would be replaced free when the new HR's become available in my area.

I should have seperated the two. The HR20-700 is free. Upgrading from a standard HD reciever. The NFL ticket was reduced. Free Super Fan ($99.00), $10.00 per month for 12 months off my reg bill. ($120.00), and HD pack free for 4 months. ($40.00).

Live north of Denver. DTV customer for 8 years and excellent credit with them. Current set-up: 4 sd rcvrs (1 TIVO SD RCVR); Total Choice Plus, SD locals HBO & Showtime. I have one HDTV (55inch LCD) in the home.

Retention gave me (2 year committment): AT-9/H-20 (free installation) with free upgrade to the NEW HDDVR when it is available in the Denver area this fall, HD Locals, Total Choice Plus, HBO & Showtime, 4 months free HD package all for the same exact monthly cost as I am currently paying. No extra out of pocket expenses unless I opt for the HD package after 4 months ($9.99).

Since it isn't costing me even a penny to upgrade to HD with locals and a free upgrade to the new HDDVR this fall it was a "no brainer".

My first try with retention, they said I'd have to pay $399 to upgrade my HD receiver to the HR20-700. Obviously I need to try this again.

sequoiadean said:
My first try with retention, they said I'd have to pay $399 to upgrade my HD receiver to the HR20-700. Obviously I need to try this again.

I have the same luck as you do with retention. I couldn't even get them to give me a discount on superfan which everyone seems to get?? I'll try again in a week or so to get the HR20-700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)