Upgrade to HR20-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tbone

Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Spoke to the retention department today at DirectTV. Mentioned I was considering dropping them in favor of Dishnetwork and there HD DVR. The guy told me they would be rolling out the HR20-700 HD DVR to some areas on the 16th. of Aug. I was offered this new HD DVR plus NFL Sunday Ticket at a greatly reduced price if I would stay with them. I accepted the deal, and my account has been noted for the HR20-700 + AT9 dish install as soon as they are available in the Charlotte NC area. The guy mentioned I would more than likely have the install before the NFL opener on Sep. 10th. I know that is probable reaching a little, but it is good to know I will be getting the upgrade when the time comes for free. I have a standard HD receiver now.

Are they giving you the new HR20 free ? If not what was the greatly reduced price ? I have a leased HR10-250 and was told it would be replaced free when the new HR's become available in my area.

I should have seperated the two. The HR20-700 is free. Upgrading from a standard HD reciever. The NFL ticket was reduced. Free Super Fan ($99.00), $10.00 per month for 12 months off my reg bill. ($120.00), and HD pack free for 4 months. ($40.00).

Live north of Denver. DTV customer for 8 years and excellent credit with them. Current set-up: 4 sd rcvrs (1 TIVO SD RCVR); Total Choice Plus, SD locals HBO & Showtime. I have one HDTV (55inch LCD) in the home.

Retention gave me (2 year committment): AT-9/H-20 (free installation) with free upgrade to the NEW HDDVR when it is available in the Denver area this fall, HD Locals, Total Choice Plus, HBO & Showtime, 4 months free HD package all for the same exact monthly cost as I am currently paying. No extra out of pocket expenses unless I opt for the HD package after 4 months ($9.99).

Since it isn't costing me even a penny to upgrade to HD with locals and a free upgrade to the new HDDVR this fall it was a "no brainer".

My first try with retention, they said I'd have to pay $399 to upgrade my HD receiver to the HR20-700. Obviously I need to try this again.

sequoiadean said:
My first try with retention, they said I'd have to pay $399 to upgrade my HD receiver to the HR20-700. Obviously I need to try this again.

I have the same luck as you do with retention. I couldn't even get them to give me a discount on superfan which everyone seems to get?? I'll try again in a week or so to get the HR20-700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)