Upgrade to the Dish Network 622

Dave1997

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
I have the 942 reciever and I'm going to upgrade to the 622 receiver, but I have two HDTV's in my household. Do I have to purchase the 211 or can I leased for $49.00. I know in April there will be $200 rebate for the 622. But can I leased a 211 also.

Dave1997 said:
I have the 942 reciever and I'm going to upgrade to the 622 receiver, but I have two HDTV's in my household. Do I have to purchase the 211 or can I leased for $49.00. I know in April there will be $200 rebate for the 622. But can I leased a 211 also.

How far apart are the two HDTV's? Can you get away with watching the same programming on both TV's at the same time? You are likely not going to be able to also lease a 211, but if from the 622 you run HDMI to one TV and component video to the other, you can get away with one 622, but would be limited in watching the same thing on both TV's.

I thought [one] point of having a dual tuner receiver was so that 2 different programs could be watched at the same time....no?

Big_Ed said:
I thought [one] point of having a dual tuner receiver was so that 2 different programs could be watched at the same time....no?

you CAN watch 2 different programs on 2 different TV's...but the 2nd tv will not get HD. You get 1 HD out put and 1 SD output.

Dave1997 said:
I know in April there will be $200 rebate for the 622.

How do you know about this rebate? I've heard rumors about this rebate but I haven't seen it in writing from Dish.

Good Luck, guy at exec and they dont even have any 622's but I am on a list to get mine 4-1-06... we'll see bout that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts