Upgrade to vip722

carter69

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I currently have a 942 and a super dish in Indiana (zip 46835). I have the old mini HD package (no voom) and Locals. I have been waiting for fios in my area to see if I was going to switch. Trying to compare apples to apples, Fios would cost me more for the same channels, plus I would have to do some re wiring.

So I am ready to upgrade to vip722. I would like to upgrade to the new dishHD package to get all of the new HD channels. I have gotten 2 conflicting answers from dish reps and was hoping the experts here could answer my question.

Previously in my area, to get voom hd channels, I needed a 2nd dish. Due to trees it was not feasable to install the 2nd dish, so I settled for just the handfull of hd channels available at the time. With the new lineup, do I still need a 2nd dish to the DishHD. I already have top 250, superstations, locals and dish HD package ($9.99 version)

The Voom channels are on sat at 61.5 and sat at129 degrees. You can pickup 110 and 119, but neither of these others. Where in the U.S. are you located?

When you upgrade to a 722 you should also receive a 1000.2 dish which has 3 LNBs, 1 for 110°, 1 for 119°, and 1 for 129°. You would get most of you HD channels off satellite 129.

So 1 single dish for all your channels, not 2.

Just finishing doing the Dish'n it up promo, they are suppose to be here Fri with my reciever and new 1000 dish. Hopefully they show, I am looking forward to the extra HD channels.

So far so good, they did not show up on time, I called, got put on hold for 45 min. Called back, they said another 45 min. They showed up when I hung up phone :)

They replaced the super dish with the 1000.2, got the vip722. Took longer to download the firmware and guide than it did to install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)