upgrade trouble

garyak

Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
juneau ak
I have been a dish customer for a long time and have had to do everything myself due to lthe lack of techs where i live (juneau alaska). I had service on sats 110 and 119 on two seperate dishes and an ancient reciever. Recently got an upgrade to dish 500 everything package,vip 722k hd/dvr. My problem is the tech left me with no signal on 110 and 129. I am supposed to get my hd channels on 129. I only have signal for 119. I have one dish with a single lnb and another with two lnbs to pick up two satellites. Are 110 and 119 to come in on the same dish and 129 to come in on the other? I Know the AZ/EL for 110 and 119 but tech support does not know the AZ/EL 129. Could someone please help.

Thanks dr. thats what I thought. My last 2 work orders never went through,hopefully he will show up on 10th like he is supposed to. I found the az/el for 129,thanks for the links.I also read that sat. 148 was replacing 129 because of 129's notoriously weak signal. Is this true.

The 148° slot has been vacant, and will be for some time, since the E*5 satellite there ran out of fuel. That same satellite is the notoriously weak one that had been at 129° which is now served by the new Ciel II satellite and its AK spotbeams.

Been calling dish tech support everyday and complaning.Today the contractor from anchorage that installed my upgrade called out of the blue and asked what the trouble is.After giving him a pleasant earfull my issue is going to be resolved asap,we'll see about that.Untill then I am now going to call twice a day until I get the programming I am paying for back.In alaska 119 and 129 come in on the twin eyed lnb ,as of may, and the 110 on the single.Alaska and Hawaii have a unique setup,or so the contractor tells me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)