upgrade

Butcha

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
Lennox, South Dakota
In June I upgraded my 625 to the 722k. I didn't upgrade my 311 but now I want to upgrade to a 211k. I chatted with a customer service agent and was told I could not upgrade. I would have to buy the receiver. Is there anyway I can get them to do the upgrade? Thanks

You can purchase a brand new 211k off eBay for $100 to $140.

Or a used one from Sat Guys sponsor DishStore for less than that. Couldn't tell mine from new, still had the plastic protection covering the front panel.

I know the rules about upgrading/adding equipment, but it has always seemed a bit assinine to me. Since there is a significant monthly charge for each additional receiver beyond the 1st, it would seem that they would want to encourage the additions, not discourage.

The cable companies sure don't do it this way, and I'm thinking that neither does D*.

I know the rules about upgrading/adding equipment, but it has always seemed a bit assinine to me. Since there is a significant monthly charge for each additional receiver beyond the 1st, it would seem that they would want to encourage the additions, not discourage.

The cable companies sure don't do it this way, and I'm thinking that neither does D*.
If you are expecting a free upgrade, you might as well forget it. Do as suggested and get your own 211.

Cableco equip is not nearly as good. And D* has their own set of rules.

If I buy the 211, I know I have to call Dish and activate it. Do I have them deactivate my 311 at the same time. I assume my monthly charge stays the same.

If you are expecting a free upgrade, you might as well forget it. Do as suggested and get your own 211.

I'm not the OP. But when I got moved to the EA, I also got my 625 upgraded to a 612. No charge for the receiver upgrade, just another 2 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)