Upgraded programing, better picture. Coincidence?

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
Would there be any correlation between programing packages and picture quaility? I upgraded from AT 120 to 200 and have noticed a improved picture quaility - even on my locals. I probably wouldn't have noticed this, but I replaced my old sony with an LG 49uf6430 and have been tweaking with the color for that last 10 days. Colors didn't seem rich and the fleshtones were on the pinkish side, but now after I changed my programing - everything looks great. The only other guess would be that lg did an auto update, but I can't find any history on the software versions. I was on the verge of returning the tv - but now I'm happy. Could this just be a coincidence?

It's like getting your car washed it always seems to run and drive better. I would say Coincidence .

The only Dish programming change that would affect picture quality would be if you went from the standard definition channels to the high definition channels. Otherwise the Dish package only affects how many channels you can receive.

Remember the variable bit-rate of Dish transponders per channel. A stations picture can change in quality day to day, even program to program.

Reactions: Hall

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts