upgraded to 411 and NO commitment!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gvsurn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Caledonia, MI
i upgraded today from an 811 that i owned to a 411 and dish 1000. csr and installer told me i could send any receiver back, 811 or 301, for a 25.00 credit, or i could keep all of them. I was not required to commit to 18 months. has this happened to anyone else????

If so, Im next in line, however I dont think you are that lucky (IE the system will still upgrade you)

But, I HOPE Im wrong !

when i was having my 411 activated the installer was on the phone with the CSR, the CSR told him there was no commitment because i owned my 811. the installer was told that i did not have to sign any contract... for what that is worth. so i never signed a thing and everything is up and runnng!!!!

If your new receiver has been installed already, read the Dish'n it Up paperwork they had you sign (It is the contract) and it will probably say something about a pro-rated cancellation fee for a specific number of months if you terminate, downgrade, or diconnect services. That is the commitment.

That is great. I wish I was that lucky. I just upgraded two 811's to two 211's last week and had to sign a contract, but only for twelve months. The 18 month commitment did not become effective until Feb 1st. But be aware. I have seen posts here that when a contract is in dispute, Dish has come up with a contract that people claim had their signature forged on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)