Upgraded to 922 today, flustered and confused.

boilermaker26

Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
Hello,

I apologize if this issue has been addressed. I searched a lot on the internet and couldn't find anything that was too helpful. I spoke with Dish Tech support and they were not helpful at all.

I received a VIP 922 today, upgrading from a 722. However, I seem to be having a few issues. One is with the remote. If I am in Solo/PIP mode, the remote works fine. However, if I swap the setting to DUO, my receiver does not respond at all to my remote. To me, this doesn't seem right, but maybe that is the way it is supposed to work?

Second. When I log onto the Dish Remote Access site and attempt to watch a program, I get a message that states "Our systems are being updated (7). Please wait a few minutes and try again. However, this has been the message I have received for the past few hours. I see my receiver has been recognized, so I am assuming the broadband connection is fine. This issue is both in IE and Firefox.

Third issue is with the Dish Network Application on the iPad. When I try to watch television on there, it states "invalid finderID." I can pause, rewind, etc. the television 1 with the iPad, but nothing more than that. Again, it shows I am connected and since I have those minor controls, there must be some connectivity.

Finally, on the 922 interface, some of the tabs do not seem to work. The weather tab, the sling tab. These just go to a black screen and nothing else.

So, is there something simple I am missing? Should the technician today have done more set up? He admitted he did not know much about the 922. Any help that you might provide would be wonderful. Thank you.

For the first 24 / 48 hours the 922 is one crazy receiver. :)

After that time it seems to download all it needs to run smoothly and you will find it runs much better then.

+1 to scott's post. Give the 922 a day to fully update. It gets more stable and iron out the kinks. I've had mine for about six months and enjoy it. I use mine in solo mode.

I'll second what Scott said. I know you want to play with your newest toy, but it isn't worth it to start out. Give it at least a day.

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for the quick and kind responses. Most of the members on here are incredibly helpful and this site is a wonderful resource for these sorts of questions.

I will just wait the next couple of days and see what happens! It sure seems like an exciting piece of technology.

I have found after installing the 922 if you reset the receiver that sometimes it fixes the crazy part of the receiver for the first 24 hours.

When I had my 922 installed recently, the installer instructed me to leave it alone for 2 days. He said it may not take that long but, in his many installations, none had taken longer.

Thanks again for the responses, guys.

I am able to view television from, at the very least, the iPad. I assume I can access it remotely from the Dish Network site as well. So that part is good.

However, whenever the receiver is in Duo mode, the remote control will not control the "TV 1," that being the television that the receiver is hooked to. This just doesn't seem right to me. Is this something that waiting another day or so will resolve?

Thanks again for the responses, guys.

I am able to view television from, at the very least, the iPad. I assume I can access it remotely from the Dish Network site as well. So that part is good.

However, whenever the receiver is in Duo mode, the remote control will not control the "TV 1," that being the television that the receiver is hooked to. This just doesn't seem right to me. Is this something that waiting another day or so will resolve?

Read Scott's post.#2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts