Upgraded w/ new 2 year commitment. Deals right now?

sheeter

Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Davis, CA
Yesterday I upgraded from a 625 to a brand new 722 for $75. I was 1 1/2 years into my contract so I had to lock myself in for another 2 years. The installer is coming this afternoon. I can't wait to watch LOST in HD tonight!

I am wondering if I got the most out of my upgrade. Here is my current package and the deals I got:

Classic Bronze Plus $39.99
Bronze HD $10.00
DVR Advatage (locals, DVR) $10.00

Dish it up: $75 upgrade fee (ViP 722 DVR)
HBO and Starz free for 3 months
$10/month credit for 12 months

Did I miss out on any offers?

Actually you locked in for another 18 months. :)
The 2 years starts now.
Did you get cinemax for a penny?

2 years is added to my contract from my original signing date?? I didn't know that! That's great news because I will be graduating in 1 1/2 years so I am going to cancel then. It will be nice to avoid the cancellation fee.

I didn't get cinemax for a penny. Is $.01/month for 3 months?

I will also switch to Silver TurboHD + DVR advantage when E* adds comedy central. I can save a couple more bucks that way.
Thanks for the quick reply!

2 years is added to my contract from my original signing date?? I didn't know that! That's great news because I will be graduating in 1 1/2 years so I am going to cancel then. It will be nice to avoid the cancellation fee.

NO. You are go for two years starting now. Lord Vader is incorrect.

I think what he meant was that you had 6 months left on your current contract when you reupped for another 24 months. Since you had a 6 month commitment left anyway, in essence, you were only signing for an additional 18 months.

Actually Lord Vader is right.

He says the 2 years starts now. But since you resigned with dish before your original term was up, its like only signing up for 18 months. Just depends on how you look at it.

Edit: jesmitch beat me to it.

I think what he meant was that you had 6 months left on your current contract when you reupped for another 24 months. Since you had a 6 month commitment left anyway, in essence, you were only signing for an additional 18 months.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.

When my 501 died, I upgraded to a 525 and paid $100. That was September 2007. Then last April my main set died and we bought a new HD set. I called dish for the upgrade and they put in a 722 and a 61.5 dish and paid nothing. My commitment for the 525 upgrade was 18 months and did not change when I got the 722 and I just signed up for the $10 for one year for 24 month commitment. The only problem I have now is that Rochester, NY HD locals are not even on the list yet and Buffalo is missing ABC and Syracuse only has Fox and NBC in HD.

I used chat, and got the 3-free months of HBO/Starz immediately. Since it seemed I had a CSR that had a clue, I asked him about upgrades for an existing customer. He said for a 24-month committment, I could get $10 credit for 12-months, and a 2nd 622/722 DVR to replace my current 522 for $25, and my bill would go up $2/month. He said I should ask about 3-free months of Platinum too..He said I would have to call in to get the upgrade, so I saved the chat session. Sure not as good of deals as a new customer, but I don't plan on switching from Dish, so it is money in my pocked and HD on a 2nd TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)