Upgrades limited to 3 tuners?

usually the attitude of the caller is the reason why someone has to go throgh the email or a dozen more phone calls. you call in start talking down, demanding things, not using please and thank yous, we arent going to give you very much, if nothing.

lol Well, that explains how I got mine. My belief is "You catch more flies with honey." ;)

O what could possibly be one's scenario that they could not hook up to phone lines?

Well, at it was said on the Tech Forum, a land-line is not needed to enjoy Dish Network. Now, at the risk of upsetting Charlie: at the time of installation, my friend balked at the installation of the phone lines to his two new 625's. He did not want the cords running all over his new house. A CSR told him that they would not charge him the additional fee for not having the STB's connected to a phone line.

Well, of course he got the next bill and was charged. He called back CSR and was transferred to tech and they tried everything to get rid of the on-screen pop-up from appearing as Dish was not to charge him for lack of a phone connection. Well, the pop-up kept popping-up, but a call to ceo@echostar put him in touch with a nice lady who performed some magic and said that he should not get the pop-up, would be credited the phone line charges, and if the pop-up appeared again, to just ignore it. About a year has passed and no phone line charges and no pop-ups. He is a top tier subscriber, and this was a move to a new residence, so he was also good customer.

BTW, When he moved to his new home, he was allowed to upgrade to an additional 625 before the year was up for his last 625 upgrade. Yes, Dish will make exceptions, but I'm sure they consider the account before doing so.

Not at the same time...AND what is it with you digging up 10 and 11 month old threads? This is the third one.

You can get two 622's or 722's AT THE SAME TIME.
The Dish'n It Up promotion for existing customers is:
Limited to 3 tuners per transaction, UNLESS UPGRADING TO 2 HD DUAL TUNER DVR's

satalite gal, what ia m saying, is that i have never done worked with an account with more then 4 leased tuners. i think there was a misunderstanding with my giving away 622's to qualified customers at no cost. the 622's i have given away have not resulted in accounts having over 4 leased tuners. and yes, a r00 or smart card number can be used to bring up the account. it is a common way to find accounts when customers or techs dont know the customers number(due to phone number changes) or when the account number cant be found.
and as for what can be done by the lower csr, is very limited. i do work for dish, but i am an advanced tsr, specilaizing in hd equip/installs. we do have power to make adjustments, but we are a business. obviously we are going to get people to pay for products. in just certain situations, we will go above and beyond. usually the attitude of the caller is the reason why someone has to go throgh the email or a dozen more phone calls. you call in start talking down, demanding things, not using please and thank yous, we arent going to give you very much, if nothing.

I once had a 9 leased receiver New Connect! Talk about some points for that install. Apparently, the cust was a friend of some big wig @ dish. Unfortunately, the job ended up being NLOS due to the customer demanding only one dish, and NLOS for 129. And no, I don't care how important your friends are, we are not moving the satellites so you can a have a single dish :rolleyes:

I was ready to make the switch back to DirecTV after dealing with Dish's completely inflexible first-level CSRs who told me that I simply couldn't lease any additional equipment besides the 622 and 211 I was already leasing. I was ready to go to Best Buy to pick up my DirecTV equipment when I figured I'd give Dish one more chance...so I fired off an email to ceo@echostar.com, explained my situation and what I was looking for...and now I'm leasing two 211's, one 622, and one 722. It's silly that it takes an email to the top to get any action but that's the way Dish wants to play the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)