Upgrading Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

darthg8r

Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Florida
I share a DirecTV sub with my neighbor. I need to upgrade my dish to get HD channels. I only have one coax line running down to my TV's and I'd like to get a DVR/Genie.

I've seen stuff such as
Slimline Dish
SWM
SWM power supply

Can someone point me in the direction of what hardware I should get?

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If you are sharing a subscription with your neighbor, that's called account stacking which is not only against Directv's rules, it's not allowed to be discussed here.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

If you are sharing a subscription with your neighbor, that's called account stacking which is not only against Directv's rules, it's not allowed to be discussed here.

Now, did he mis type and is sharing a DISH with the neighbor or is he actually sharing an account with him ?

darthg8r,
IF your sharing a dish, thats one thing (that also is not advisable, but has been done and is not illegal) if you are actually sharing an account, multiple recvrs at different addresses, then yes, thats not allowed.

He said he was sharing a sub, so I assumed he meant a subscription.

I personally think it's wrong to call someone out for sharing an account on a circumstantial post, besides who cares unless you have a vested interest in the company to begin with.

Not that account sharing should be encouraged or openly discussed, calling someone out without all the facts doesn't say much other than the fox always smells his own hole. ;)

Try reading my post again. I didn't call anyone out, I said IF you are sharing a subscription.......
and I don't appreciate your insinuation regardless of the smilie

I share a DirecTV sub with my neighbor. I need to upgrade my dish to get HD channels. I only have one coax line running down to my TV's and I'd like to get a DVR/Genie.

I've seen stuff such as
Slimline Dish
SWM
SWM power supply

Can someone point me in the direction of what hardware I should get?

If you choose to do this, you'll need a SWM dish.

Try reading my post again. I didn't call anyone out, I said IF you are sharing a subscription.......
and I don't appreciate your insinuation regardless of the smilie

I'm sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention. In hindsight probably should have worded my post a little differently. ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts