Upgrading from 1 Disc to 3 Disc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
How good is BB mail in-out service compare to netflix? I have netflix 2 disk out at a time right now for $14.99 with BR. I want to upgrade to to 2 disk if it's just as good.

How good is BB mail in-out service compare to netflix? I have netflix 2 disk out at a time right now for $14.99 with BR. I want to upgrade to to 2 disk if it's just as good.

I originally posted this in another thread.

I have had Netflix for several years and I have also used Blockbuster by mail for about 6 months. I think Blockbuster and Netflix are both pretty comparable with shipping out new releases. Both companies usually don't have enough disks to get the big name releases out to everyone who wants them the first week or so they are available. The difference is that blockbuster has them available a month before Netflix.

Another difference is that when I would mail Netflix a disk they would receive it the next day and then I would always receive my next disk the day after that. Blockbuster almost always takes 1 extra day for me. Both companies have their distribution center in the same city which is about an hour drive away from me.

I don't even try to get new releases by mail most of the time. I have a Blockbuster store about a mile from my office and I have found that I can usually get any bluray I want in the store even the day they come out. The in store exchanges are the best part about Blockbuster service. The extra day turnaround for Blockbuster is wiped out if you can conveniently use in store exchanges. If I didn't have a blockbuster store near me I would probably still be using Netflix instead.

I originally posted this in another thread.

I have had Netflix for several years and I have also used Blockbuster by mail for about 6 months. I think Blockbuster and Netflix are both pretty comparable with shipping out new releases. Both companies usually don't have enough disks to get the big name releases out to everyone who wants them the first week or so they are available. The difference is that blockbuster has them available a month before Netflix.

Another difference is that when I would mail Netflix a disk they would receive it the next day and then I would always receive my next disk the day after that. Blockbuster almost always takes 1 extra day for me. Both companies have their distribution center in the same city which is about an hour drive away from me.

I don't even try to get new releases by mail most of the time. I have a Blockbuster store about a mile from my office and I have found that I can usually get any bluray I want in the store even the day they come out. The in store exchanges are the best part about Blockbuster service. The extra day turnaround for Blockbuster is wiped out if you can conveniently use in store exchanges. If I didn't have a blockbuster store near me I would probably still be using Netflix instead.

OK thanks! I looked up the distribution center list and saw San Jose CA it's only an hour away from me netflix takes a day to get there, but it's ok I only watch movies on the weekends. I think i'll give it a shot if I don't like it i'll go back to netflix.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have escalated the issue so it can be corrected as soon as possible. As Mary B. stated DISH Network will not charge for the two disc service if you are only receiving one by mail.

I sent an email yesterday to Blockbuster hoping they could assist but here is their response:

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster Customer Care.

I understand that you want your third DVD to be ship. It appears that you have successfully linked your Dish Network account to your Blockbuster Movie Pass account.

Your plan has been converted to the original plan that is included in the package. However that is still for 1 out plan. This shows that you are unsuccessfully change the plan to 3 out plan.

If you would like to upgrade your plan to 2 discs out at a time, just add $5.00 and for 3 discs out a time, just add $10.00. You may call Dish Network for the process. They can be reached at 1-800-333-3474 to upgrade your Blockbuster Platinum Plan.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

My email was very clear and concise that Dish Network was already showing that I was paying $20. So I guess the moral of the story is that you won't get any assistance from Blockbuster on this issue as they are directing us back to Dish.

Just talked to Zach, seems they thought it was resolved, but is not for me currently. Also, Bad Teacher now shows up while searching for movies to add, but the 2011 The Tree of Life cannot be found. This is in my queue on BB Online, so there are still bugs.

I have the Platinum pack as well and upgraded to 2 discs at a time on Saturday and also see the wrong amount on my Dish summary. Mine says $15 but I think it should be $5 for the extra disc. I chatted with Dish online yesterday and was told the summary would be corrected by today but I still see $15 in the total. I'll play the patience game for a few more days and hopefully it will sort itself out.

I was wrong about this and the online support person was not correct either. It turns out I actually am in the Platinum promotion and didn't even know it. I had the Platinum pack over a year ago and called to ask about ways to reduce my bill. The CSR said they could reduce it by $10 since I'm such a good customer but I don't recall if they said how they were doing it. They placed me in the promotion so now I really do have to pay $15 for the Blockbuster Movie package. I guess I can't complain about saving $10 per month for about a year but the $15 showing up in my bill summary is correct. What is strange though is that when I initially logged in and added the movie pack on October 1, the $10 didn't show up in the summary. It didn't appear until I called to ask for 2 discs out at a time and that's when the $15 appeared.

Never mind, FIXED!!

untitled-6.jpg

What is strange though is that when I initially logged in and added the movie pack on October 1, the $10 didn't show up in the summary.
Exact same thing happened to me. I thought I had overlayed BBMP onto my anniversary Platinum gift, but no such luck. The computers caught up to me and assessed the $10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)