Upgrading from 18" to AU-9/AT-9

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Logic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Norwalk, CA
So i researched my possibilities of upgrading and found a good deal. I currently have RCA receivers (DRD485RG/DRD430RG) and the upgrade brings in a free installation of a new dish

Im wondering if I were to upgrade 1 receiver, will it knock out my RCA receivers because of compatibility issues? I can only afford to upgrade one box a month for the time being and I dont want to have any issues with other rooms not working.

thanks for the help

Not at all - all previous D* receivers are backward compatible with the 5LNB dish - they'll just keep receiving what they already do now.

Depend on just how old the receiver is. Does the setup menu for your receiver indicate anything about a 3 lnb dish, or oval dish? Does the signal screen indicate anything about 110 or 119?

ANyone else know much about the RCA receiver he mentioned?

does this mean ill be able to gain channels from 110 & 119 for the legacy boxes?

Yes, if there are any SD channels on those birds which you are authorized to receive. There are no SD channels on 110 and those on 119 are locals and some Spanish language internationals, which are not included in the normal packages.

and those on 119 are locals and some Spanish language internationals, which are not included in the normal packages.

Actually, there ARE a couple of the of SD channels on 119 that are PI's & therefore come with any package, as long as you have the appropriate dish/receiver - they are:

415-ONCE Mexico
438-HITN TV

D* even lists these on their latest ch list as coming w/Choice:

http://www.directv.com/see/pdf/chnl...1_A&_DAV=-1&_dynSessConf=-6620276031235982941

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts