Does DirecTV Have a Current Deal with NHL Center Ice?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
J

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 7, 2008
I know they did from 2002-2007, and that they renewed for the 2007-2008 season, but was that a multi-year deal or will we have to wait until right before the season starts in October to find out if they will renew again? I'm just trying to get all my ducks in a row before switching from cable and having CI is a must before I do so.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Although I don't know for sure. I doubt the NHL will do anything that gets them on less providers, they are really fighting for exposure and to keep their fans.

That said, I'll send your question up to DirecTV to see if I can get a response.

J

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks, whenever I try to email them I get an auto-response that does not really answer my question (I guess I should try calling them). Anyway, I've been sort of dual posting between sites so this post may interest you. If you are on DBStalk it appears the person who responded really knows what they are talking about so his/her response is very encouraging.

Does DirecTV Have a Current Deal with NHL Center Ice? - DBSTalk.Com

Bosco10021

Bosco10021

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 11, 2006
At the beach
Thanks, whenever I try to email them I get an auto-response that does not really answer my question (I guess I should try calling them). Anyway, I've been sort of dual posting between sites so this post may interest you. If you are on DBStalk it appears the person who responded really knows what they are talking about so his/her response is very encouraging.

Does DirecTV Have a Current Deal with NHL Center Ice? - DBSTalk.Com

Satelliteracer (the person that responded on DBSTalk) can be trusted...he works for Directv and provides correct information.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Yes, you will be good to go. NHL agreement is in place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.