Upgrading from 811 to 942

vandalous

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2004
Keller, TX
I'm probably going to take advantage of the special deal on the 942 at DishStore.net. That said, will I need to change any wiring or anything like that when I swap out my 811 for the new 942? I've never installed a satellite before so I want to make sure I'm clear on any switch or wiring changes I need to make when I upgrade.

Thanks!

You must have both tuners on the 942 hooked up. So, you need to have TWO runs of coax from the switch or dish. That being said, if you have a DP+44 switch, you can use the separator that comes with the 942 and only use the one feed currently going to your 811.

I take it you don't have DP+44 Switch...

Depends on how many satellites and receivers you are supporting. My 942 arrived yesterday from the DishStore and I am going to hook it up tomorrow:

Currently, I have one (1) leased 942 and two (2) 811s. Although I have three receivers, I am supporting four tuners. I receive programming from three satellite locations: 110/119 (Dish 500 w/DP-Twin) and 61.5 (Dish 500 w/DP-Dual). All three satellites and tuners connect through a DP-34 Switch. In order to add my 942 (dual tuner) I will be adding a 2nd DP-34 Switch by chaining it off of the first DP-34. This is a quick and inexpensive solution since I already ran extra coax months ago in expectation of the VOOM HD DVR.

What is your current setup...dishes, LNB types (legacy, Dish Pro, Dish Pro+, number or receivers, etc.?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts