Single tuner HDDVR.

pabisc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 30, 2004
monroe, ga
My question is why does E* not offer a HD single tuner w/ OTA. I would love to have DVR capability but do not because I have 2 811's. Does anyone know of a plan to offer something like a 811/411/211 but that has a DVR in it. A 942 (+) sounds good except for the 1 OTA and only one HD TV part. This would solve the problem.

I can probably speak for most of us who have used a dual tuner DVR, the benefits of having two tuners outweigh the little cost savings in only having one. Record two things at the same time, watch one live while recording another, PIP, just some of the stuff you can do with a dual tuner box when in single mode.

Pepper said:
I can probably speak for most of us who have used a dual tuner DVR, the benefits of having two tuners outweigh the little cost savings in only having one. Record two things at the same time, watch one live while recording another, PIP, just some of the stuff you can do with a dual tuner box when in single mode.
Exactly correct in my case, and as Pepper said "I can probably speak for most of us"

Jordan

The 942 has 2 HD tuners, while the 2nd output is only SD, putting it in single mode will allow you to view HD content with both tuners [as you only need to hook up to TV1's output]

I thought that you could only watch hd on 1 tv. Please tell me again how it would be possible to view hd on 2 sets. Also what is the best way to get OTA channels to the second set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts