upgrading from a vip 211 to a 922

luis2k10

SatelliteGuys Family
Hi guys quiestion for you experts out there. Im interested in upgrading one of my vip 211's to a vip 922. So my question is will I need a second cable from the dish to the receiver or is the one in there sufficient. I don't want another cable running through the house. Can the installer use a dish pro plus seperator or is that not even needed?
Thanks fellas!

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Yep, whatcha got? Probably you can use a separator (one coax to tiny box with two outputs for both sat inputs).

Personally, I'd go with a ViP722k while they work out bugs and features of the ViP922.

vash1090

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 7, 2009
AZ
Your current system. Which receiver you get is your choice but you're only eligible for upgrade once a year and you wouldn't want to change your mind later and want the 922. Since you are upgrading from a solo receiver you also won't lose functionality of a tv2. I would say go for the 922, I've been saving up to get one myself

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
navychop said:
Yep, whatcha got? Probably you can use a separator (one coax to tiny box with two outputs for both sat inputs).

Personally, I'd go with a ViP722k while they work out bugs and features of the ViP922.

The 922 is much improved since the last software upgrade S109.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
The 922 is much improved since the last software upgrade S109.

YES, I can report the 922 is now reliable in it's recording ability. I can record 4 shows at a time now and have been doing this for a week or so since S109 came out. I haven't had to hit the reboot button but one time since the new software came out. Also you can now use learning remote on your remote like you could the 722k. So you can program your remote to do other functions now. The sling ability works ,sometimes it doesn't, but I really didn't care that much about the sling thing anyway. All we need to make it complete is to add the sling extender so we can watch hd in two different rooms at the same time and watch two different shows at the same time.

luis2k10

SatelliteGuys Family
I have two vip 211's and a 322G.
Under system info under device it says: dpp 1k.2, 1k.2(1), 1k.2(2), 1k.2(3),
and they are connected to 119 110 and 129.
There are three cables running into the house from the dish on the roof. Since I don't own this home I don't want another cable running inside.
Thanks guys

Haysoos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 21, 2009
Wild West
Won't need another cable. The 1000.2 you have is good. So long as your install is decent, should be a simple receiver swap.

TonyT@DISH Network

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 21, 2010
Denver, CO
Since you are upgrading from a solo receiver you also won't lose functionality of a tv2.

Wanted to clarify this a little bit. TV2 has been enabled on the 922 and it now operates like the other DUO receivers do, simply change the mode in the settings and you can modulate the channel as you would on the other receivers, and run the home distribution coax to the second TV (or a splitter to put it to more then one if you want to mirror). It is an SD feed, to be entirely clear. I have heard some issues with the Sling feature once this has been enabled, so you may want to switch it back when you are ready to Sling. The real chat I've heard was that it would display whatever was last on TV2, and that you may see mode reminder messages on it after the switch (although the app for DISH Remote Access, which is free, allows you to get rid of that message by "pressing the SAT" button in the app). Pretty sweet though!

vash1090

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 7, 2009
AZ
Wanted to clarify this a little bit. TV2 has been enabled on the 922 and it now operates like the other DUO receivers do, simply change the mode in the settings and you can modulate the channel as you would on the other receivers, and run the home distribution coax to the second TV (or a splitter to put it to more then one if you want to mirror). It is an SD feed, to be entirely clear. I have heard some issues with the Sling feature once this has been enabled, so you may want to switch it back when you are ready to Sling. The real chat I've heard was that it would display whatever was last on TV2, and that you may see mode reminder messages on it after the switch (although the app for DISH Remote Access, which is free, allows you to get rid of that message by "pressing the SAT" button in the app). Pretty sweet though!

Good to know. I know there's another thread floating around here that it would be more relevant in and I'll pass it on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)