Upgrading from dish 500 to HD help

wwaazzzzuupp21

Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Lancaster, CA
I recieved a vip622 dvr and the eyes for a dish that does HD tv. They worked cuz my parents used them. I was wondering what i would hav to change. I replace that eyes on my dish and plug in the VIP622 and my ecostar 129 signal is 30 but it wont let me use it. It keeps wanting me to use 110 or 119 witch my signal is at 10. Am i have a compatibily issue or do i just need a better signal. I get Attention 015 and Error 002

You need to replace the entire dish not just the "eyes" (lnb's), your SD dish is not designed for 3 lnb's.

After changing out the dish, cover the outer 2 lnb's with tin foil and find 119 with the center lnb. Set the skew according to your zipcode in the data set for the particular dish you have (D1000, D1000.2 or D1000.4).

After aligning the dish, you must run a check switch for the receiver to properly recognize the lnb's and other hardware connected to it.

If your parents are no longer subscribers to Dish, you will have to call Dish and initiate your own subscription.

If your parents leased the receiver from dish rather than buying it, it will have to be returned and Dish will send you another one for your account.

I tried what you said and i dont get a signal on any sat. Do i just run a check switch once its aligned even if it dont get a signal on 119? and do i keep the foil on the outer when i run a check switch?
My parents still subscribe we are doing a dual location package and im in a hurry to put this one up so they can cancel my old one.

The dish is aligned only when you are receiving a signal. You can't run a check switch and get a succesful result unless you are receiving a signal. Your posts in this thread suggest you have little idea what you are doing. call DISH and setup a service call before you damage the equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)