Upgrading from VIP722k to Hopper 3 using DPH42

creative_paws

Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
I finally bit the bullet and decided to upgrade my old VIP722k unit. Instead of risking my life trying to go up a tall ladder and swap my DPP LNB (using single coax into the home) for a DPPH, I opted for the DPH42 switch instead which I mounted in my cable closet. The problem I'm having is with the satellite feed - I am only getting satellite 72 and not 61.5 (I'm on the Eastern Arc). I'm thinking I may have gotten a bad DPH42 right out of the box but looking for some opinions. Both 61.5 and 72 locked in fine using the 722k model so I feel like the LNB is fine. Only thing I'm not sure of is if the DPH42 needs both outputs from the existing non-hybrid LNB.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Yup, the DPH-42 needs one coax cable for each LNB. Two for the EA and three fof the WA. You could mount the DPH-42 up on the dish and use one download coax. If the original installer run two coaxed from the head to the base of the dish, the easiest would be to run one more down feed coax.

If the original installer did not two coax cables from the head to the base and you have to add a coax in the arm, you might as well put a DPH head on the arm. Just as risky and a cleaner installation.

Thank you so much - and you are right, I will probably return the DPH42 and just opt for replacing the LNB with the DPPH. I appreciate your help!!!!!!