Upgrading G.I. questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bb_user

Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I am going to be upgrading my system soon , but not 100% sure what I should get. I was thing of the G.I. 922 and a HDD200 or HDD201 . I also was wondering if I added a sidecar like the DSR905 or the DSR500HD would I gain anything ? What would anyone else here recommend ? I would like to get as many free channels as possible . Thanks

Well for free channels I would get a dvb receiver, 4dtv is mostly a subscription based system, both are great together.

A 905 sidecar can be added if you can still find them, the 920 is old, the Mortorola 922 would be a good one to get.

For dvb there are many brands out there, my friend has a Traxis 3500 and I like it, if you want HD dvb then a pci card would probably be your best bet.

upgrading

Thanks TDTI1 :

So if I went with the 905 and a 922 that would be a good setup ? The PCI card is that for the traxis 3500 correct ? I will be needing a new FTA my fortec is acting up so I will be looking into that as well. I was thinking about getting the receivers off Ebay . One thing I have been reading is to check the battery right away . Any other suggestions that I should look for ? I have one other question I would like to PM you would that be OK ?

wow no... If you want a nice big dish upgrade I would go with a 4dtv DSR 922, NPS and Skyvision have the best price on them new, you can use the Fortec but it it is acting up the Traxis is a nice low cost receiver.

If you want HD, then you will need to add a HDD 200 or 201 to the 4dtv for subscrption programming, like HBO HD Discovery HD and others, for dvb HD a pci card is good, for a receiver I am not sure as I don't have one, there are many brands.

If you only have c-band c/ku is worth the investment, PM me if you wish though most questions would be best posted here so others can add there advise.

I will be needing a new FTA my fortec is acting up so I will be looking into that as well.
sometimes a receiver acts up because of tranponder overload ... if you scan a lot and don't ever delete the old transponders. its common.

Upgrading system

Thank you I'll start looking for a 922 and a 200 .... As far as the Fortec Ultra I bought it off Ebay about 3 years ago and it had al7bar 2.69 boot ver. 6.0 software on it . I have tried everything from factory reset, rs-232, and the JTAG cables to install original software with no luck. The receiver works to some degree but has glitches where it will erase everything , freeze up or signal will go out .

That software you are talking about is HACK WARE! You need to delete that and replace it with the original fortec star software. Get on Fortecstar.com and look under "downloads" and save the updated version for your receiver. It will be under your receiver's model number and name.

You must use a serial cable from your computer. Read the download instructions and updating instructions on the fortec star site. There is also a downloader program you must use.

Most all those FTA receivers on Fleabay has hack ware in them.
Delete that and many of your problems will disappear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts